Can't build gst-plugin-pylon on Nvidia AGX Orin Jetpack 6.0

Hello,

I’m trying to build GStreamer source plug-in for Basler cameras: GitHub - basler/gst-plugin-pylon: The official GStreamer plug-in for Basler cameras

On this device: NVIDIA Jetson AGX Orin Dev Kit Jetpack 6.0 L4T 36.2.0. Pylon 7.4.

Following the steps (GitHub - basler/gst-plugin-pylon: The official GStreamer plug-in for Basler cameras), when I get to:

$ ninja -C builddir test

it returns:

ninja: Entering directory `builddir'
[1/2] Running all tests.
1/1 generic_states FAIL 7.20s killed by signal 6 SIGABRT
GST_PLUGIN_SCANNER_1_0=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer1.0/gstreamer-1.0/gst-plugin-scanner UBSAN_OPTIONS=halt_on_error=1:abort_on_error=1:print_summary=1:print_stacktrace=1 GST_PLUGIN_PATH_1_0=/home/viposa/gst-plugin-pylon/builddir:/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0:/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0 MALLOC_PERTURB_=153 GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH_1_0='' GST_PLUGIN_LOADING_WHITELIST=gstreamer:gst-plugins-base:gst-plugin-pylon@/home/viposa/gst-plugin-pylon/builddir GSETTINGS_BACKEND=memory CK_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT=20 ASAN_OPTIONS=halt_on_error=1:abort_on_error=1:print_summary=1 GST_REGISTRY=/home/viposa/gst-plugin-pylon/builddir/tests/check/generic_states.registry GST_STATE_IGNORE_ELEMENTS='
' /home/viposa/gst-plugin-pylon/builddir/tests/check/generic_states
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― ✀ ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
stderr:

(generic_states:15875): GStreamer-WARNING **: 08:20:11.771: External plugin loader failed. This most likely means that the plugin loader helper binary was not found or could not be run. You might need to set the GST_PLUGIN_SCANNER environment variable if your setup is unusual. This should normally not be required though.

(generic_states:15875): GStreamer-WARNING **: 08:20:18.658: Failed to load plugin '/home/viposa/gst-plugin-pylon/builddir/bindings/pygstpylon.cpython-310-aarch64-linux-gnu.so': /home/viposa/gst-plugin-pylon/builddir/bindings/pygstpylon.cpython-310-aarch64-linux-gnu.so: undefined symbol: PyInstanceMethod_Type
GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during 'pthread_setspecific': Invalid argument. Aborting.
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Summary of Failures:

1/1 generic_states FAIL 7.20s killed by signal 6 SIGABRT

Ok: 0
Expected Fail: 0
Fail: 1
Unexpected Pass: 0
Skipped: 0
Timeout: 0

Full log written to /home/viposa/gst-plugin-pylon/builddir/meson-logs/testlog.txt
FAILED: meson-internal__test
/usr/local/bin/meson test --no-rebuild --print-errorlogs
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

Hi,
Please contact the vendor to get further support. Sinc 6.0 Dp is developer preview, maybe you can try Jetpack 5 release.

Hi,
Yes I contacted the vendor, but they didn’t help.
Since I’ve seen similar problems solved here, I thought of asking.
I upgraded Jetpack to use Deepstream6.4 python apps (GitHub - NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps: DeepStream SDK Python bindings and sample applications), so I don’t think going back to 5 would solve too.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.