Can't find linux-headers-4.9.140-tegra on jetson TX2

Hey everyone, I’m trying to install can-isotp on my TX2. I followed the instructions Can-Isotp. The second step is to run

sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r)

which returns me

E: Package linux-headers-4.9.140-tegra cannot be found.
E: Using the pattern “linux-headers-4.9.140-tegra” no package could be found.
E: Using the regular expression “linux-headers-4.9.140-tegra” no package could be found.
ccd3@ccd3-desktop:~$ aket linux-headers-4.9.140-tegra could not be found

I searched for instructions to install the tegra kernel but did not find anything. Does anyone has a instruction or can tell me how to install the package?

Thanks in advance!

I think the Linux kernel headers should be on your target Jetson system already. Check the path /usr/src/linux-headers-4.9.140-tegra-ubuntu18.04_aarch64.

The base rootfs should be all ready for target compilation. Have you tried skipping the apt-get for those two packages altogether?

Hi JDSchroeder,

thanks for your reply! In the meantime I changed my objective and now working on getting the same library up inside of an docker container. There I get another error I can’t find anything about on the internet (in a comparable use case). I creating another topic in this forum to not mixing up different topics. But maybe it is kind of related to each other?

Link: Error 97

hi kilian,
you can follow this doc to build kernel. https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/kernel_custom.html

Let me know if this does not help.

Thanks,
Shubhi