Cant generate DT File with Orin Nano Pinmux Spreadsheet

get the following error

BASIC syntax error.
Symbol expected.

i just downloaded the spreadsheet and clicked the Generate DT button. no changes were made.

I’m using LibreOffice on Ubuntu

Please use Excel on Windows.

All i want is for one of the GPIO pins to toggle between 3.3V and 0V using the Jetson.GPIO python library. The spreadsheet is confusing.

windows excel worked in generation of the 3 .dtsi files.
But now stuck :
Copy the padvoltage.dtsi and pinmux.dtsi files to the <l4t_top>/bootloader/t186ref/BCT/ directory and copy the gpio.dtsi file to the <l4t_top>/bootloader/ directory.

how do i find the path for the place holder <l4t_top>?

It means your Linux_for_Tegra folder.

ok. I really need your help and following instructions at

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r35.3.1/DeveloperGuide/text/HR/JetsonModuleAdaptationAndBringUp/JetsonOrinNxNanoSeries.html#changing-the-pinmux

1. so if have a dedicated ubuntu 22 box with sdkmanager

2. i successfully generated the 3 files, padvoltage.dtsi, pinmux.dtsi and gpio.dtsi from the spreadsheet in excel on a windows box.

3. copied gpio.dtsi into ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_6.0_DP_Linux_DP_JETSON_ORIN_NANO_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/ folder

4. copied padvoltage.dtsi and pinmux.dtsi to ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_6.0_DP_Linux_DP_JETSON_ORIN_NANO_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/generic/BCT/ folder

5. modified lines 99 and 100 in jetson-orin-nano-devkit.conf
    PINMUX_CONFIG=“tegra234-mb1-bct-pinmux-p3767-dp-a03.dtsi”;
    PMC_CONFIG=“tegra234-mb1-bct-padvoltage-p3767-dp-a03.dtsi”;

to be

PINMUX_CONFIG=“pinmux.dtsi”;
PMC_CONFIG=“padvoltage.dtsi”;

1. put my orin nano in recovery mode and hooked it up thru usbc into my ubuntu box.

2. ran sdkmanager and get an error to install.

3. what steps am i missing and/or got wrong?

Then tell me the error.

SDKM_logs_JetPack_6.0_DP_Linux_for_Jetson_Orin_Nano_modules_2024-04-02_21-58-53.zip (185.7 KB)
screenshot and error logs attached.

when i remove the .dtsi files install is successful.

What changes did you make in the pinmux?
If multiple pins are modified, try modifying them one-by-one and see which one makes the error.

i tried one by one and they all failed. its got to be something else.

What do i need to do activate GPIO01 (board pin # 29) to output 3.3V on HIGH and 0V on LOW using pythons JETSON.GPIO library? Thats all I need.

Are you using the latest version of pinmux spreadsheet?

yes from https://developer.nvidia.com/downloads/jetson-orin-nx-and-orin-nano-series-pinmux-config-template

hello. anyone.

also tried

GitHub - jetsonhacks/bootFromExternalStorage: Shell scripts to setup a NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier, Xavier NX, AGX Orin, or Orin Nano Developer Kit to boot from external storage. but get error that /dev/nvme0n1 could not be stat

this is ridiculous

I can correctly configure PQ.05 and PQ.06 as output, so this workflow is correect:

line 105:      "PQ.05"       unused  output  active-high 
	line 106:      "PQ.06"       unused  output  active-high 

Maybe delete the whole BSP and try again to see if that helps.

I don’t really know what you want to do here, but this is not related to the original issue, and this script is also not made by us.