Capabilities of Jetson TK1

Hello all,

I’m interested in Jetson TK1 board and its video processing capabilities. I have some questions related to this topic:

1. I know that there are gstreamer elements that use omx to encode and decode h264 videos. Do these elements work on GPU or CPU?
  2. I want to encode 4 x D1 video with h264 encoder. Is this possible? Is there a benchmark available for this processor?
  3. How one can capture analogue video with this board? There are some video capture cards in market that can be connected to Jetson board via mini-pcie slot. Then, I think Gstreamer’s v4l capabilities can be used for video capture. Is this possible?

Regards.

I’m pretty sure all of these have been discussed in other threads. For what hasn’t, check the eLinux wiki: Jetson TK1 - eLinux.org

Actually I have checked throughout other threads. Moreover I have googled for the answers of these questions but I cannot find anything.

A small assist will be appreciated.

Regards.

@enlenws I don’t know the exact answers to your questions, but:

1. You can look at the Tegra K1 Data Sheet for the architecture of the audio-video processor. It is available at: Hardware Design and Development | NVIDIA Developer
    I believe that there is dedicated hardware for video encode/decode. You can also get the Tegra K1 Technical Reference Manual there if you need more information about the Audio Video Processor (AVP).
  2. The video encoder can handle 4 x 1080p30. I don’t know the impact of having a different frame size.
  3. I have no information on this.

@Kangalow

Thank you so much. I am going to have a look at those resources.

Besides that, more information will be appreciated.

Regards.