Clarification of setAwbMode function when not using AUTO mode

I am looking to lock the white balance of a camera to static white balance gains.
In looking through the multimedia API, it seems at first glance that I can use setAwbMode to change the mode to ARGUS::AWB_MODE_DAYLIGHT, but the documentation is not detailed and is ambiguous.
The name of the function is “set auto white balance mode,” so does that mean that ARGUS::AWB_MODE_DAYLIGHT is still an “auto” mode and will adjust gains behind the scenes still, just as AWB_MODE_AUTO does? Or will it lock the white balance to static gains?

Be aware that some parameters may get auto-tune, including gain-range, digital-gain range, exposure and wb.
Searching this forum you may find some examples for older L4T releases, you would adjust and share for more recent use cases.

I am aware that there are other settings to control auto exposure and analog/digital gain. I am asking specifically about white balance if put in a mode such as ARGUS::AWB_MODE_DAYLIGHT.

Searching this forum you may find some examples for older L4T releases, you would adjust and share for more recent use cases.

I’m not sure I follow. Are there examples of how NVIDIA’s auto white balance code handles specific presets in older L4T releases?

hello bhagen55,

after you configure AWB modes, for example, AWB_MODE_DAYLIGHT, it configure the preferred color temperature, auto white balance still running at back-end.

may I know what’s the actual use-case,
you may enable awblock if you would like to have fixed white balance gains.
thanks

Yes we would like fixed daylight white balance gains.
If I set AwbLock, then setAwbMode(Argus::AWB_MODE_DAYLIGHT), will I have static and repeatable white balance levels?
IE if I use those settings, and I run two recordings, will they both be guaranteed to have the same white balance gains?

hello bhagen55,

why don’t you check Argus samples, /usr/src/jetson_multimedia_api/argus/samples/userAutoWhiteBalance/
you may call Argus::IAutoControlSettings::setWbGains for setting wbGains manually.

We can explore that. We were hoping that the existing presets would make applying a sane static white balance profile easy.

hello bhagen55,

there’s API for setting wbGains, currently, we don’t support command option to change wbGains.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.