Compile XBMC Gotham

FYI - I compiled XBMC 13.2 on my Jetson TK1. If somebody is interrested here the commands:

1. clone from github
    git clone -b Gotham-TK1-SDL-GL git://github.com/mork2020/xbmc.git xbmc

2. build xmbc
    cd xbmc
    ./bootstrap
    ./configure --disable-X11 --enable-sdl --enable-gl --disable-gles --disable-vdpau --disable-vaapi
    make -j4

3. run xbmc
    ./xbmc.bin

4. install xbmc
    sudo make install

TODOs:
add EGL / gstreamer support

Thanks. I’ll try that asap

EDIT: You sure this is all correct coz I get error No such file or directory when running ./configure…

sorry, some information was missing

1. first install all packages necessary to build XBMC

sudo apt-get install automake autopoint bison build-essential ccache cmake curl cvs default-jre fp-compiler gawk gdc gettext git-core gperf libasound2-dev libass-dev libavcodec-dev libavfilter-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libbluetooth-dev libbluray-dev libbluray1 libboost-dev libboost-thread-dev libbz2-dev libcap-dev libcdio-dev libcec-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libcwiid-dev libcwiid1 libdbus-1-dev libenca-dev libflac-dev libfontconfig-dev libfreetype6-dev libfribidi-dev libglew-dev libiso9660-dev libjasper-dev libjpeg-dev libltdl-dev liblzo2-dev libmad0-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libmp3lame-dev libmpeg2-4-dev libmpeg3-dev libmysqlclient-dev libnfs-dev libogg-dev libpcre3-dev libplist-dev libpng-dev libpostproc-dev libpulse-dev libsamplerate-dev libsdl-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libshairport-dev libsmbclient-dev libsqlite3-dev libssh-dev libssl-dev libswscale-dev libtiff-dev libtinyxml-dev libtool libudev-dev libusb-dev libva-dev libva-egl1 libva-tpi1 libvdpau-dev libvorbisenc2 libxml2-dev libxmu-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libxslt1-dev libxt-dev libyajl-dev mesa-utils nasm pmount python-dev python-imaging python-sqlite swig unzip yasm zip zlib1g-dev

Actually i dont know if step 2+3 in this post is necessary. Please try without and then give me feedback, so i can add the missing steps to the first post:

sudo apt-get install libegl1-mesa-dev libgles2-mesa-dev libSDL2-dev

1. in xmbc directory make taglib
    make -C lib/taglib
    sudo make -C lib/taglib install

Hope that was all…

This is what I get when I try to install all these packages at once. Do you have these commands split so I can install one at atime )one ata time appears to be working, I just dont have enought time just for extracting single commands

ubuntu@tegra-ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install automake autopoint bison build-essential ccache cmake curl cvs default-jre fp-compiler gawk gdc gettext git-core gperf libasound2-dev libass-dev libavcodec-dev libavfilter-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libbluetooth-dev libbluray-dev libbluray1 libboost-dev libboost-thread-dev libbz2-dev libcap-dev libcdio-dev libcec-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libcwiid-dev libcwiid1 libdbus-1-dev libenca-dev libflac-dev libfontconfig-dev libfreetype6-dev libfribidi-dev libglew-dev libiso9660-dev libjasper-dev libjpeg-dev libltdl-dev liblzo2-dev libmad0-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libmp3lame-dev libmpeg2-4-dev libmpeg3-dev libmysqlclient-dev libnfs-dev libogg-dev libpcre3-dev libplist-dev libpng-dev libpostproc-dev libpulse-dev libsamplerate-dev libsdl-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libshairport-dev libsmbclient-dev libsqlite3-dev libssh-dev libssl-dev libswscale-dev libtiff-dev libtinyxml-dev libtool libudev-dev libusb-dev libva-dev libva-egl1 libva-tpi1 libvdpau-dev libvorbisenc2 libxml2-dev libxmu-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libxslt1-dev libxt-dev libyajl-dev mesa-utils nasm pmount python-dev python-imaging python-sqlite swig unzip yasm zip zlib1g-dev
[sudo] password for ubuntu: 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libfontconfig1-dev' instead of 'libfontconfig-dev'
Note, selecting 'libpng12-dev' instead of 'libpng-dev'
Note, selecting 'libsamplerate0-dev' instead of 'libsamplerate-dev'
Note, selecting 'libsdl1.2-dev' instead of 'libsdl-dev'
Note, selecting 'libtiff5-dev' instead of 'libtiff-dev'
libbluray1 is already the newest version.
libbluray1 set to manually installed.
mesa-utils is already the newest version.
mesa-utils set to manually installed.
automake is already the newest version.
autopoint is already the newest version.
bison is already the newest version.
build-essential is already the newest version.
cmake is already the newest version.
libcurl3 is already the newest version.
libcurl3 set to manually installed.
libvorbisenc2 is already the newest version.
libvorbisenc2 set to manually installed.
libxrandr-dev is already the newest version.
libxrender-dev is already the newest version.
libxrender-dev set to manually installed.
python-imaging is already the newest version.
python-imaging set to manually installed.
unzip is already the newest version.
unzip set to manually installed.
zip is already the newest version.
zip set to manually installed.
gettext is already the newest version.
gettext set to manually installed.
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libboost-thread-dev : Depends: libboost-thread1.54-dev but it is not going to be installed
 libfontconfig1-dev : Depends: libfontconfig1 (= 2.11.0-0ubuntu4) but 2.11.0-0ubuntu4.1 is to be installed
 libfreetype6-dev : Depends: libfreetype6 (= 2.5.2-1ubuntu2) but 2.5.2-1ubuntu2.2 is to be installed
 libglew-dev : Depends: libgl1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed or
                        libgl-dev
               Depends: libglu1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed or
                        libglu-dev
 libsdl1.2-dev : Depends: libsdl1.2debian (= 1.2.15-8ubuntu1) but 1.2.15-8ubuntu1.1 is to be installed
                 Depends: libglu1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed or
                          libglu-dev
 libudev-dev : Depends: libudev1 (= 204-5ubuntu20) but 204-5ubuntu20.4 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
ubuntu@tegra-ubuntu:~$

And this
when running 2.

ubuntu@tegra-ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install libegl1-mesa-dev libgles2-mesa-dev libSDL2-dev
[sudo] password for ubuntu: 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libegl1-mesa-dev : Depends: libegl1-mesa (= 10.1.0-4ubuntu5) but 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1 is to be installed
                    Depends: libegl1-mesa-drivers (= 10.1.0-4ubuntu5) but 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1 is to be installed
 libgles2-mesa-dev : Depends: libgles2-mesa (= 10.1.0-4ubuntu5) but 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1 is to be installed
 libsdl2-dev : Depends: libgl1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libglu1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libudev-dev but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Im still a newbie to linux commandline so…

Do you have the Universe package repositories added?
Please head over to http://elinux.org/Jetson_TK1 and read at least the first page.

Yes, I have Universe repository. I think it was there by default when I flashed Jetson.

But I tried again and sudo apt-get update… Now It installs all the packages (377mb)
Ok, steps 2 and 3 are required.

I would like somebody with the Grinch kernel to test my .deb for XBMC as it’s been only tested with the stock kernel.

The readme contains installation instructions and some hints for jitter free playback:
http://tuomas.kulve.fi/tmp/xbmc-jetson/README

The needed Debian packages are in that same directory.

EDIT: a few details: This package is using GLES/EGL as that will be eventually needed by the OMX decoding. The version is the current XBMC GIT master as it just got the GLES/EGL patch merged in. It also uses X.Org and supports xrandr.

I have universe and multiverse enabled. When I try to install using your commands I get error processing … no such file or directory.

Did you download the three .deb packages in my xbmc-jetson directory first?

I added the wget commands to the README to be more explicit.