Computer failed to boot(black screen with white underscore) with new installation of Linux and Gpu installed

I recently acquired a new ssd drive and decided to install a fresh Ubuntu installation on it. Upon booting the system, now that Ubuntu 22.04.1 is now installed, I am met with the motherboard flash screen. After four beeps, separated by 15-20 seconds, a blank screen is displayed and on it in the top left corner is a blinking white underscore. I can’t type in this view nor will any ctl alt f’s work to display anything beyond the previously mentioned screen. Holding/tapping shift on start up also does nothing. However the above only occurs when my dedicated Gpu is installed. While used my computers integrated graphics the system boots fine. Is there any way to fix this issue and what would be the cause/fix?

System specifications as follows Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H CPU: Intel i5 3470 GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 ti SSD: 250gb SanDisk 3D Ultra Ubuntu: 22.04.1 LTS Kernel: 6.0.6

If any other specifics are needed just ask and I will update as necessary.

I have tried installing latest Nvidia drivers compatible with Gpu with no results (Note did not work before or after drivers installed). In addition to updating kernel from 5.15.0.52 to current 6.0.6. It appeared to be the graphics card that is the problem because the computers integrated graphics works, I’ve had this card for about 5 months and it worked perfectly fine before this new installation so I don’t believe the card should have died. Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance!

I am not quite sure if this is the right place to put this as I tried to go through customer support but was told they only help windows, and they routed me here.

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root right after removing the nvidia gpu and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

To clarify,
1st where is nvidia-bug-report.sh
And 2nd and m going to assume you mean for me to attempt to start the computer with the Gpu then shut it down and unplug the Gpu and start the computer on integrated graphics and run the .sh then?
I just want to confirm that I’m not misinterpreting the instructions.

nvidia-bug-report.sh gets installed alongside the driver. Just run sudo nvidia-bug-report.sh.
Procedure: as you said.

nvidia-bug-report.log (227.1 KB)
I had to extract this file because the .gz would not upload
Also I moved back to kernel 5.15 because I believe I had a faulty installation of 6.0.6 due to Dpkg errors given after any apt install or apt update in the terminal. This hasn’t changed my original issue but at least I’m no longer unable to install any new software now.

Unfortunately, log persistence was disabled on your system so all logs were lost.

Is this something I need to enable in order for you to help. Is it possible that there are no logs because the computer hasn’t ever fully booted in order to have a use log? Is there Any further information that should be supplied in order to help determine the issue?

Enabling log persistence:
https://www.golinuxcloud.com/enable-persistent-logging-in-systemd-journald/
Currently, all your system logs are discarded on a reboot.

nvidia-bug-report.log (246.3 KB)
Log persistence is now enabled on my system and I have uploaded my new Nvidia-bug-report.log

Log persisistence is still disabled, only log from the current boot are available.

Then perhaps I am not understanding correctly. According to the linked guide, following method 2 with the /var/log/journal directory able to be accessed. Screen shot included to show storage is now persistent as a result of method 2.

Yes, this should be correct.
Then maybe there are no messages in the logfile because there are none from the previous boot

Scanning kernel log files for NVIDIA kernel messages:

/var/log/kern.log:

/var/log/dmesg:

journalctl -b -0:
Dec 11 13:03:33 Orange sudo[3751]:     user : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/user ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/nvidia-bug-report.sh

So I guess Linux doesn’t even get booted by the bios because the gpu is completely broken.

UPDATE:

I was able to get a friend to try this graphics card on his computer. He has a windows based PC wheres mine is Linux, and I figured before I tossed it that it was worth giving it a try. Much to my surprise he said that it booted just fine using my GPU.

Is there any information that anyone can give for why my gpu isn’t running on my Computer? Is this a Problem with Linux 22.04? Is this something that can be fixed and if so am I better off getting a hold of Linux/Ubuntu instead?
If anyone else has had/is experiencing this issue let me know as I would be interested to see if this is a compatibility issue across all Ubuntu/Linux or just on my PC.

If nothing is displayed, nothing is logged, it’s impossible to tell anything from remote.