I am trying to debug some graphics on the .net core based nintendo switch emulator, Ryujinx, however when launching I always get the error:
Connection error detected communicating with target application. Shutting down connection.
Ryujinx starts with a cmd window, sets the title and then does some initialization stuff that prints to the cmd window. After a few seconds it opens the opengl window. However when launching through NSight it opens the cmd window, sets the title then gives the above error before writing anything to the console. Basically the graphics window hasn’t even started.
- The application is using opengl 3.3 (with some extension methods from later opengl versions).
- I have made sure the GraphicsContext is created with the debug flag.
- I’m using a GTX 780 with the latest GPU drivers and the latest NSight Graphics (2019.1.0.0)
- Launched NSight as admin
- I’m able to launch The Witcher 3 without issues (I have no idea what graphics framework it’s using, maybe directx)
- Another developer is able to launch Ryujinx within NSight Graphics
- In the connect dialog I have
- Application executable set to dotnet.exe
- Working directory set to the Ryujinx debug folder
- Command line arguments set to Ryujinx.dll inside the Ryujinx debug folder then the path to a switch game I am trying to test
I haven’t changed any further settings. You have to go through .net as there is no .exe created by default in .netcore. You have to pass your dll into the .net application to boot.
I have tested running the command from cmd and Ryujinx launches just fine.
I think that’s all the info I have. Any help would be appreciated as it’s driving me up the wall.
I have never used NSight before so if there is any more info you need just let me know.