ConnectX-3 firmware supported by Synology

I am trying to ​use a Synology FS1018 with a ConnectX-3 MCX312B-XCCT. According to the Synology website firmware version 2.33.5100 is the only one supported.

But the Mellanox website doesn’t show this version.

Firmware for ConnectX®-3 Pro EN

According to a couple of websites it isn’t wise to just go for the newest one, synology is a bit picky according to others when it comes to firmware versions. Could result in weird problems.

Could somebody tell me where to find the supported firmware? And/or if it is no problem to go for the newest one? Which is 2.42.5000.

Any ideas? I am hoping to find someone who uses the same flashstation combined with a ConnectX-3.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the Mellanox Community.

You can download version 2.33.5100 for the MCX312B-XCCT, through the following link → http://content.mellanox.com/firmware/fw-ConnectX3Pro-rel-2_33_5100-MCX312B-XCC_Ax-FlexBoot-3.4.460.bin.zip

For burning the f/w, please follow the instructions provided by Synology, or plug the adapter into a Windows/Linux host and following the instructions provided through the following link → https://docs.mellanox.com/display/MFTv4142/Burning+a+Firmware+Image

Thank you,

~Mellanox Technical Support

Thanks a lot @Martijn van Breugel​ ​

Should i have been able to find this by myself?​ was it easy to find?

@Martijn van Breugel​ i have looked at the howto website (Windows host). But i am a bit confused because it says “to burn a firmware image” 3 times. Are this 3 different examples or do i have to run 3 commands?

flint -d /dev/mst/mt4099_pci_cr0 -i fw-4099-2_42_5000-MCX354A-FCB_A2.bin burn

This looks like a Linux command. Wil this work under Windows? ​How do i find the ID of the card? Do i have to “burn MAC addresses”?

I don’t want to brick the card…​

Hello Nick,

As you already installed the WinMFT package in your system, the following command is more user friendly to use, to update the f/w (see screenshot example)

In a PowerShell Window as Administrator:

PS C:\Users\Administrator> mlxfwmanager.exe -i .\fw-ConnectX3Pro-rel-2_33_5100-MCX312B-XCC_Ax-FlexBoot-3.4.460.bin -u

Thank you,

~Mellanox Technical Support