Cannot update firmware for MT27710 Family [ConnectX-4 Lx]

Hi there,

My MT27710 Family [ConnectX-4 Lx] has PSID SM_2001000001034 and on attempt to update to another firmware version (fw-ConnectX4Lx-rel-14_26_4012-MCX4121A-ACA_Ax-UEFI-14.19.17-FlexBoot-3.5.805.bin) script is saying :

./install --fw-update-only  --fw-image-dir /home/user/mlnx_en/                                                                                      
Selecting previously unselected package mlnx-fw-updater.
(Reading database ... 149939 files and directories currently installed.)                                                                                             
Preparing to unpack .../mlnx-fw-updater_5.0-1.0.0.0_amd64.deb ...                                                         
Unpacking mlnx-fw-updater (5.0-1.0.0.0) ...                                                                    
Setting up mlnx-fw-updater (5.0-1.0.0.0) ...                                                                  
Attempting to perform Firmware update...                                                                       
The firmware for device 5e:00.0 (PSID: SM_2001000001034) is not available in the provided image dir '/home/user/mlnx_en/'.
Failed to update Firmware.                                      

Did not find any firmware with PSID SM_XXXXXXXXX support at the download page.
I would expect PSID as MT_2420110034 and smooth firmware update as for my others MT27710.
Should I use “–force” option or I am missing something?
How to update firmware to the fw-ConnectX4Lx-rel-14_26_4012-MCX4121A-ACA_Ax-UEFI-14.19.17-FlexBoot-3.5.805 ?

Thank you in advance

Hello thomas_anderson,

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the NVIDIA Developer Forum - Infrastructure and Networking - Section.

Based on the output shared, you are using a SuperMicro OEM ConnectX-4 Lx adapter (PSID starts with SM_xxx). For obtaining the latest f/w available for PSID, we recommended to contact SuperMicro Support so they can provide you with the latest f/w for this adapter.

Even though the adapter shows as a Mellanox adapter, our OEMs are then ones who will provide the f/w based on their modifications.

Thank you and regards,
~NVIDIA Networking Technical Support

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.