Could not enable TCC mode of TESLA C2050 on Win7 64 bit OS

Hi all,

I tried to enable TCC mode on the TESLA C2050 on Win 7 64bits OS. I used Nvidia 260.81 driver for C2050/Win7_64bit and the following cmd:

nvidia-smi -g 0 -dm 1

However got printout saying the displayed is connected on this device so can not enable TCC mode.

Then I ran the deviceQuery exe from the CUDA toolkit and it also said that there is display connected with this TESLA C2050 card (The server where I plugged in the C2050 does not have any onboard graphics).

Any one had similar experience with this? Any idea about how to enable the TCC mode? Do I need to plug in another display card to relieve the C2050 from display so it can be used in TCC mode for computing? Actually I did plug in another Nvidia GeForce 6200 card for the display, but did not work out either. The system did not show up any Bios screen after i plugged in both the Geforce6200 & Tesla C2050.

Thanks,

Anderson

Hi all,

I tried to enable TCC mode on the TESLA C2050 on Win 7 64bits OS. I used Nvidia 260.81 driver for C2050/Win7_64bit and the following cmd:

nvidia-smi -g 0 -dm 1

However got printout saying the displayed is connected on this device so can not enable TCC mode.

Then I ran the deviceQuery exe from the CUDA toolkit and it also said that there is display connected with this TESLA C2050 card (The server where I plugged in the C2050 does not have any onboard graphics).

Any one had similar experience with this? Any idea about how to enable the TCC mode? Do I need to plug in another display card to relieve the C2050 from display so it can be used in TCC mode for computing? Actually I did plug in another Nvidia GeForce 6200 card for the display, but did not work out either. The system did not show up any Bios screen after i plugged in both the Geforce6200 & Tesla C2050.

Thanks,

Anderson

We are experiencing the same issues, also on Win 7 64-bit with C2050s. TCC mode cannot switched on on cards driving the display, and if you don’t have another card, the C2050 is the one Win 7 will grab as a display card, even when logging in remotely! The 6200 is an AGP card - per nVidia engineering, that’s an untested combination of cards. So we think we need a second PCI Express card. I am planning on doing that tomorrow - will report back.

We are experiencing the same issues, also on Win 7 64-bit with C2050s. TCC mode cannot switched on on cards driving the display, and if you don’t have another card, the C2050 is the one Win 7 will grab as a display card, even when logging in remotely! The 6200 is an AGP card - per nVidia engineering, that’s an untested combination of cards. So we think we need a second PCI Express card. I am planning on doing that tomorrow - will report back.