Could not find compatible graphics hardware in GTX 950M having 640 CUDA core

Hi,
I am using ASUS ROG GL552JX Laptop. It has NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 950M GPU. When I tried to install CUDA 7, the installer says “The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware. You may continue installation but you will not be able to run CUDA application”. I have checked the graphics properties, the GTX 950M contains 640 CUDA cores. Can any one help me figure out the problem?

Thanks
Sporsho

That’s the most often answered question in this sub-forum. Reading a few posts before asking turns up the matching answer: [url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/852679/cuda-setup-and-installation/cuda-toolkit-7-and-gtx-950m-compatibility[/url]

Drivers inside the CUDA Toolkit are only required when the toolkit is brand new and no official display drivers supporting that CUDA version are released, yet.

In all later events where your installed driver is newer than the toolkit and already supports that CUDA version, select the custom CUDA Toolkit installation option and disable the display driver installation from there, then install just the CUDA toolkit contents.

You can also update to the latest available display driver before or afterwards this way.

thanks.