Cuda 5.0 on Ubuntu 12.04

Hi,

is it possible to install Cuda 5.0 for Ubuntu 12.04 ?
The download page only provides links for 10.04 and 11.10 .
In addition, the release notes suggests specific distribution kernels for the above.

What should i do, as i want to install Cuda 5.0 in 12.04 ?

Cheers,
Thanasio

It shouldn’t be a problem to use the 11.10 run file; however, it’s likely that your gcc version is too new, and not supported by CUDA currently. (That’s why I’m here – find a workaround for that until they get their butts moving.)

I take it it is safer to go for the 11.10 version…isn’t it?

I am using ubuntu 12.94 and cuda 5. No problems with that. What is the configuration of your computer?

You can find tips and tricks in this forum thread: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/522699/installing-cuda-on-ubuntu/. As posted above, the CUDA 5.0 for Ubuntu 11.10 package will work fine.

Assuming that you do not have an optimus laptop, all you need to do is install the toolkit. in order for the examples to work you should first install this:
sudo apt-get install freeglut3-dev build-essential libx11-dev libxmu-dev libxi-dev libgl1-mesa-glx libglu1-mesa libglu1-mesa-dev
and then
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglut.so.3 /usr/lib/libglut.so .
After this you can install the toolkit. If you have optimus install the bumblebee fist and do not install the nvidia driver which is included in the toolkit…