Cuda compilation error

Hi,

I’m new to CUDA. I have two GT Force 560 Ti’s in my desktop and I’d like to do some parallel computation on them. I’m running Fedora 15 which I’m new to as well. I used ubuntu two years ago and then swiched to Mac OS X. Thanks to all the awesome people in forums, I was able to install the Nvidia Drivers and the CUDA SDK. I also went through CUDA_SDK_Release_Notes.txt and made sure I have the following.

• libglut
  • libGLU
  • libX11
  • libXi
  • libXm

The document says that I might be missing the 'GLUT, Xi, Xmu, GL, and X11 headers. I tried to go through the possible packages and installed them.

The document also says 'Note, by installing Mesa, you may see linking errors against libGL. ’ How do I know I have this issue ? They do have instructions there that allow you to rectify this but I’m not sure if I should follow them.

I tried compiling the examples and this is the error I got

make[1]: Entering directory /home//Nvidia_SDK/C/common' make[1]: Leaving directory /home//Nvidia_SDK/C/common’
make[1]: Entering directory /home//Nvidia_SDK/C/common' make[1]: Leaving directory /home//Nvidia_SDK/C/common’
make[1]: Entering directory /home//Nvidia_SDK/shared' make[1]: Leaving directory /home//Nvidia_SDK/shared’
make -C src/simpleAtomicIntrinsics/
make[1]: Entering directory /home//Nvidia_SDK/C/src/simpleAtomicIntrinsics' make[1]: Leaving directory /home//Nvidia_SDK/C/src/simpleAtomicIntrinsics’
make -C src/smokeParticles/
make[1]: Entering directory /home//Nvidia_SDK/C/src/smokeParticles' obj/x86_64/release/ParticleSystem.cu.o: In function computeGridSize’:
tmpxft_00003379_00000000-4_ParticleSystem.compute_20.cudafe1.cpp:(.text+0xe50): [b]undefined reference to min'[/b] collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [../../bin/linux/release/smokeParticles] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory /home//Nvidia_SDK/C/src/smokeParticles’
make: *** [src/smokeParticles/Makefile.ph_build] Error 2

Does this error have to do with improper installation. I’m a little lost here so it would be great if someone could help me out. I tried to look for this particular error on the forums but failed to find a posting. If there is one, please feel free to direct me there. To add, I installed Theano (http://deeplearning.net/software/theano/tutorial/index.html) as well, which some of you might be familiar with. When I tried to do a test, I received a similar error. Folks have said that the drivers (?) don’t support the most recent version of gcc. Is that the issue here ?

Thanks!

a