DaVinci Resolve does not render videos

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (331.3 KB)
I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T15 G2 with a 4K display. The Nvidia card is an RTX 3070 Laptop GPU, I’m using the Nvidia driver metapackage 510. The OS is Kubuntu 21.10.

I could install DaVinci Resolve as well as the Nvidia CUDA package without problems, no errors.

When I start Resolve, import a media file, mp4 e. g., and create the timeline, then only the audio track is displayed but contains no sound information. Playing the video leaves a black monitor panel and no sound. There are no error messages at all, in the settings (Resolve global settings) everything looks good, GPU recognized, CUDA active.

Any help or hint is greatly appreciated!

The free version of Resolve does not support many codecs, like h264, so you will get a black video track.

1 Like

Thanx, generix, that was it!

I was lost with this problem although the reason was that simple. Okay, I also managed to resolve (pun intended) the audio problem with a ffmpeg one-liner, so things are eventually working fine.

Have a nice day!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.