Deepstream module fails with AZure IoTEdge

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson nano)
**• DeepStream Version 6.0.1
• JetPack Version 4.6
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (I used vs code as well as IoT central to deploy DeepStream module from Azure Marketplace)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

I created an IoT edge device that runs on my Jetson nano where I deployed a Deepstream module from Azure repository. The moule always fail to start and when I investigated the logs on Azure IoT hub it show the following error message:
Error NvidiaDeepStreamSDK
** ERROR: <create_primary_gie_bin:107>: Failed to create ‘primary_gie_classifier’
** ERROR: <create_primary_gie_bin:161>: create_primary_gie_bin failed
** ERROR: <create_pipeline:1045>: create_pipeline failed
** ERROR: main:1096: Failed to create pipeline
Quitting
App run failed

Do you test with DS samples? Which sample do you run?

Hi Kesong,

Actually I didn’t test any sample as the module didn’t start at all, but when I investigated the IoT Edge manifest file I found the following:
“image”: “Azure Container Registry | Microsoft Azure”,

"createOptions": "{\"Entrypoint\":[\"/usr/bin/deepstream-test5-app\",\"-c\",\"DSConfig.txt\"],\"HostConfig\":{\"runtime\":\"nvidia\",\"NetworkMode\":\"host\",\"Binds\":[\"/data/misc/storage:/data/misc/storage\"]},\"NetworkingConfig\":{\"EndpointsConfig\":{\"host\":{}}},\"WorkingDir\":\"/data/misc/storage\"}"

So I think the module runs the deepstream-test5-app when it starts

Can you run DS test5 standalone application on your platform?

I just test the deepstream-test5-app -c configs/test5_config_file_src_infer_azure_iotedge.txt

and I got the error below:

(deepstream-test5-app:18405): GLib-CRITICAL **: 13:37:47.108: g_strrstr: assertion ‘haystack != NULL’ failed
Error: Time:Wed Apr 13 13:37:47 2022 File:/home/nvidia/azure/azure-iot-sdk-c/iothub_client/src/iothub_client_core_ll.c Func:retrieve_edge_environment_variabes Line:177 Environment IOTEDGE_AUTHSCHEME not set
Error: Time:Wed Apr 13 13:37:47 2022 File:/home/nvidia/azure/azure-iot-sdk-c/iothub_client/src/iothub_client_core_ll.c Func:IoTHubClientCore_LL_CreateFromEnvironment Line:1186 retrieve_edge_environment_variabes failed
Error: Time:Wed Apr 13 13:37:47 2022 File:/home/nvidia/azure/azure-iot-sdk-c/iothub_client/src/iothub_client_core.c Func:create_iothub_instance Line:924 Failure creating iothub handle
ERROR: iotHubModuleClientHandle is NULL! connect failed
** ERROR: main:1455: Failed to set pipeline to PAUSED
Quitting
ERROR from sink_sub_bin_sink2: Could not configure supporting library.
Debug info: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/deepstream/sdk/src/gst-plugins/gst-nvmsgbroker/gstnvmsgbroker.cpp(402): legacy_gst_nvmsgbroker_start (): /GstPipeline:pipeline/GstBin:sink_sub_bin2/GstNvMsgBroker:sink_sub_bin_sink2:
unable to connect to broker library
ERROR from sink_sub_bin_sink2: GStreamer error: state change failed and some element failed to post a proper error message with the reason for the failure.
Debug info: gstbasesink.c(5265): gst_base_sink_change_state (): /GstPipeline:pipeline/GstBin:sink_sub_bin2/GstNvMsgBroker:sink_sub_bin_sink2:
Failed to start
App run failed

Any clue on how to fix it?

Did you set connection string properly?
Please follow README under sources/libs/azure_protocol_adaptor/module_client/ to setup the dependency.

I just set up the connection string and it’s working pretty fine. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.