DeepStreamSDK for Azure IoT Edge with Jetpack 4.4

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
Jetson Nano

• DeepStream Version
DeepStreamSDK for Jetson (Azure Marketplace) 4.0.2

• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
JetPack 4.4

Hey guys, I just started playing with the DeepStreamSDK for Jetson last week and was able to successfully deploy and utilize it on my device with JetPack 4.3. Because of another IoT Edge module I utilize that uses JetPack 4.4, I was forced to update my device and reflash my SD card with said JetPack version. I then began receiving this error:

*** DeepStream: Launched RTSP Streaming at rtsp://localhost:8554/ds-test ***

** ERROR: <create_primary_gie_bin:107>: Failed to create 'primary_gie_classifier'
** ERROR: <create_primary_gie_bin:161>: create_primary_gie_bin failed
** ERROR: <create_pipeline:1045>: create_pipeline failed
** ERROR: <main:1096>: Failed to create pipeline

I am aware that the current image available on the Azure Markeplace does not yet support JetPack 4.4, but I was wondering if anyone new of a way to get around that for now. Is my only option to downgrade my Jetson image back to 4.3?

Thanks!

Hi @lucas.oliveira1
Are you running DeepSTream 4.0.2 on JetPack 4.4?

If you are, they are mismatched, you need to upgrade DeepStream5.0 for JP4.4

Thanks!

Hey @mchi, thanks for the reply!

How do I go about upgrading to 5.0, the Azure Marketplace only shows versions 4.0.1 and 4.0.2?

Thanks!

Could you share me the link of the DS on Azure Marketplace?

For Jetson platform, you just flash the JP4.4 with DS5.0 via SDKManager

https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_Azure_Marketplace/MarketplaceOffersBlade/selectedMenuItemId/home

Here is the link, the “Select a plan” option shows the available versions of the image/container.

I have Jetpack 4.4 flashed onto my Jetson SD card, but I was hoping to be able to use the IoT Edge container image provided in the Azure Marketplace. Am I doing something wrong, I am new to the platform.

For reference, the 4.0.2 version provided on the Marketplace pulls from this image (I’m not sure if that information helps):

Azure Container Registry | Microsoft Azure

Hi @lucas.oliveira1
JP4.4 does not support DS4.0, even docker
You can run below iot docker as mentioned in https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/index.html#page/DeepStream_Development_Guide/deepstream_plugin_docker.html#wwpID0EKHA

$ docker pull nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream-l4t:5.0-20.07-iot