Developing Robotics Applications in Python with NVIDIA Isaac SDK

Originally published at: https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/developing-robotics-applications-in-python-with-isaac-sdk/

Figure 1. Controlling a virtual robot in IsaacSim with a Jupyter notebook and the Isaac SDK Python API. The modular and easy-to-use perception stack of NVIDIA Isaac SDK continues to accelerate the development of various mobile robots. Isaac SDK 2020.1 introduces the Python API, making it easier to build robotic applications for those who are…

The Audio GEMS have been removed from Isaac 2020.1NX is there somewhere I can download them?

Hi, @jjhwadsworth,

The audio gems was removed from 2020.1NX due to limited resource for migrating gems. Sorry we don’t have a running version on NX this moment.

Thanks for the reply. Can you put a highlighted note at the top of the NX documentation / downloads to let developers know this please as it will avoid anyone else “upgrading” who needs the audio GEMS. Do you have a time frame for migrating them or should I just downgrade to 2020.1?

Hi, @jjhwadsworth,

At the moment I don’t have much info about audio package. If it is important then guess you could stick with 2020.1 release for now.

@jjhwadsworth,

We will be bringing Conversational AI capabilities to Isaac soon. Stay tuned.

I’ve signed up for the Jarvis Beta, when can I expect someone to look at my application and approve access?

i have not been able to find a instalation guide and or videos to help me install and launch,the instalation page firts step is a location i do not have on my drive. i never thought i was so terrible at this,sure is embarassing and energy consuming. i wish i could just have it running… ast resort is here

i dont think it can be made harder to install and launch. 2 lines i cant find,is there a genie i need to ask.or do i need to become a space engeneer to launch it.

when at the beginning, I run bazel run apps/mybot:mybot, I got the error
ERROR: Skipping ‘apps/mybot:mybot’: error loading package ‘apps/mybot’: Every .bzl file must have a corresponding package, but ‘//engine/build:isaac.bzl’ does not have one. Please create a BUILD file in the same or any parent directory. Note that this BUILD file does not need to do anything except exist.

I have the same error. Have you solved this?

Hi, @toanngosy ,

The audio package was removed due to limited resource. Please stick with 2020.1 release if the package is important to you.