Difference between the default L4T Driver Package BSP and L4T Driver Package BSP sources

Hi, I have a question about the L4T Driver Package BSP.

What I am doing with the Nvidia NX Dev kit is that I am testing the CSI camera interface by using a raspberry pi 2 cam which has IMX219 as an ISP.

I tested two methods.

#Method 1
I downloaded L4T Driver Package BSP from this link, (Jetson Linux R32.6.1 Release Page | NVIDIA Developer).
I directly flashed the kernel Image on the NX Dev Board (without modifying any source files). And, I connected Raspberry Pi 2 CAM and detected well when I executed, ‘ls /dev/video*’.

#Method 2
I downloaded L4T Driver Package BSP from this link, (Jetson Linux R32.6.1 Release Page | NVIDIA Developer).
I also downloaded ‘L4T Driver Package BSP Sources’ . I extracted it and placed the source directory in the /Linux_for_Tegra/source. I built and compiled the kernel source directory and flashed the kernel Image on the NX Dev Board (without modifying any source files). I connected Raspberry Pi 2 CAM but NX Dev Kit can’t detect the CAM when I executed, ‘ls /dev/video*’.

Do I have to set something as default on method 2 if I want to use Raspberry PI 2 CAM?

Can you give me some advice what is the difference between the two methods?

Thanks

Suppose it’s the same.
Maybe try using jetson-io to configure it and check again.
BTW did you set below command when build the kernel

export LOCALVERSION=-tegra

Yes, I set the LOCALVERSION command as you said.
So… you suppose it is the same and when I am doing the second method it would work as the first method, is it?

You can try without your customized kernel Image to clarify first.
However I would suggest to using jetson-io instead of struggling of it.

Do consider that unless the kernel source is configured exactly as the working default kernel (including CONFIG_LOCALVERSION), then the kernel source is different. Configuration matching is the only way the kernel is the same. Typically a default kernel ships with the make target of “tegra_defconfig” and:
CONFIG_LOCALVERSION="-tegra