Direct data transfer from non-NVIDIA PCIe capture card to GPU card

Hi,

I’m new to CUDA and wondering if I can directly transfer video from a video capture card to GPU for computation.
I think you can do it with NVIDIA qudro SD capture card. How about other non-nvidia capture card?

Thanks a lot!

Z

You can’t. The Quadro SDI stuff is proprietary and isn’t just BAR mappings or something like that.

You can’t. The Quadro SDI stuff is proprietary and isn’t just BAR mappings or something like that.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. We are working with a camera vendor and they claim that they can do direct data transfer from their PCIe capture card to NVIDIA GPU. But it sounds like only NVIDIA can do this with NVIDIA cards. Perhaps direct data transfer means two things here?

Z

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. We are working with a camera vendor and they claim that they can do direct data transfer from their PCIe capture card to NVIDIA GPU. But it sounds like only NVIDIA can do this with NVIDIA cards. Perhaps direct data transfer means two things here?

Z

It would be news to me, but I don’t really venture outside of the CUDA driver (and associated kernel-mode components) that often.

It would be news to me, but I don’t really venture outside of the CUDA driver (and associated kernel-mode components) that often.