here are the specs:
• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) RTX 3060 Ti
• DeepStream Version 6.0.1
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) Not applicable
• TensorRT Version 8.5.1-1
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) Driver Version: 520.61.05
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) bug
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing) config file atatched in the previous reply (same thread)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)
@fanzh@yingliu the uploaded config file is indeed the original config file that came inside the samples folder, with only RTSP stream changed.
we tried mutiple cameras but result is the same, we know that the original stream from the camera is not corrupted, which means that the corruption / image distortion is happening on deepstream level (probably upon broadcasting)
ooops, the first sample video file was too short that didnt play enough to figure out that the stream is also corrupted, i tried other sample video files from the same directory (unfortunately they are all very small video files) and i confirm i am seeing a distortion in all sample video files, here is a sample image:
network ping is perfectly fine and as mentioned above: the rtsp stream does not lag nor distort via network.
I meant 1. if set type to 3 in sink, deepstream-app will generate new file, does this new file play well ?
2. on the machine which run deepstram-app, does it play well using rtsp:://127.0.0.1:8660/ds-test?
1- when I save locally to file with sink type3 - it plays well no distortion in out.mp4
2- I am running on headless server therefore can’t display or play the rtsp locally on the server
it seems the distortion is happening when we output the RTSP stream, there is no network issue that might cause this because my PC is only 20 cm away of the headless redhat server (with deepstream), latency < 1 ms
1- ffmpeg is recording a file which plays fine without any distortions, it just plays a little faster than normal (3x-4x speed), can we conclude that the problem is in the VLC player?
2- there are no network drops on both sides (my player and the deepstream server which is installed on a PC next to my desk).
3- ONLY deepstream is using port 5500
while playing the stream directly from the camera, VLC plays it well without issues, problem only occurs when playing the deepstream rtsp output stream.
Updating and reinstalling VLC didnt solve the problem
I tried disabling hardware / decoding acceleration in VLC but didnt work
[quote=“ali35, post:19, topic:235775”]
ffmpeg is recording a file which plays fine without any distortions.
from your test result, recording from RTSPStreaming server is ok, the network is ok, the issue should be VLC player.
you can try other players such as ffmpeg’s ffplay to play on the machine runningVLC.
1- can u share the command to run ffplay on deepstream server?
2- why is the recorded file (using ffmpeg )shows a video playing very fast? it seems like it was recorded with 3x-4x speed? i have not changed anything in the default configuration that i uploaded here