Distortion in output stream

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

Hello,

**• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)** = RTX 3060 Ti
**• DeepStream Version**
**• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)**
**• TensorRT Version**
**• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)** = Driver Version: 520.61.05
**• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)**
**• How to reproduce the issue ? using the attahced default config file the comes with deepstream
[source30_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tiled_display_int8.txt attachment](upload://7xPGNhubE2elwIHa74VcAUpZBJB.txt) (4.9 KB)

Using the attached config file, which comes with the default out of the box model, i am facing significant lags and distortion in images, sample image below

how to solve this?

Please upload the config you are using. Did you observe familiar behavior using the original config file?

I have already uploaded the config file to the original thread, not sure why you can not see it?
Reuploading
source30_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tiled_display_int8.txt (4.9 KB)

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)

• DeepStream Version

• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)

• TensorRT Version

• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)

• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)

• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)

• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

Hello,
here are the specs:
• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) RTX 3060 Ti

• DeepStream Version 6.0.1

• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) Not applicable

• TensorRT Version 8.5.1-1

• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) Driver Version: 520.61.05

• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) bug

• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing) config file atatched in the previous reply (same thread)

• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

@fanzh can we get a reply pls?

Did you observe familiar behavior using the original config file?

@fanzh @yingliu the uploaded config file is indeed the original config file that came inside the samples folder, with only RTSP stream changed.
we tried mutiple cameras but result is the same, we know that the original stream from the camera is not corrupted, which means that the corruption / image distortion is happening on deepstream level (probably upon broadcasting)

1. if set type to 3 in sink, is the mp4 file ok?
  2. could you describe your deployment? where did you play the RTSP source? dose it play ok on the same machine?

if mp4 file is ok, it should be output RTSPStreaming’s issue.
dose it play good on the same machine? which run deepstream-app, we should check if it is related to the network.

ooops, the first sample video file was too short that didnt play enough to figure out that the stream is also corrupted, i tried other sample video files from the same directory (unfortunately they are all very small video files) and i confirm i am seeing a distortion in all sample video files, here is a sample image:
network ping is perfectly fine and as mentioned above: the rtsp stream does not lag nor distort via network.

1. what do you mean about "sample video ", how do you get these files?
  2. does it play well using rtsp:://127.0.0.1:8660/ds-test?

I meant sample vidoes inside deepstream default folder at this location:
opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0/samples/streams/

These video files were installed with deepstream
I am playing from the deepstream server (hosted locally in LAN) using this URL:

rtsp://x.x.x.x:8660/ds-test

I meant 1. if set type to 3 in sink, deepstream-app will generate new file, does this new file play well ?
2. on the machine which run deepstram-app, does it play well using rtsp:://127.0.0.1:8660/ds-test?

@fanzh

1- when I save locally to file with sink type3 - it plays well no distortion in out.mp4
2- I am running on headless server therefore can’t display or play the rtsp locally on the server

it seems the distortion is happening when we output the RTSP stream, there is no network issue that might cause this because my PC is only 20 cm away of the headless redhat server (with deepstream), latency < 1 ms

rtsp_server is Gstreamer opensource module, it should be ok, To narrow down this issue,

1. you can use ffmpeg -i rtsp://xxx -c copy 1.h264 or ffmpeg -i rtsp://xxx -c copy 1.mp4 to save data on the machine which runs deepstream-app.
  2. you can capture network packets on both sides to analyze.
  3. please check if “udp-port=5500” is using by other processes.

@fanzh
1- ffmpeg is recording a file which plays fine without any distortions, it just plays a little faster than normal (3x-4x speed), can we conclude that the problem is in the VLC player?
2- there are no network drops on both sides (my player and the deepstream server which is installed on a PC next to my desk).
3- ONLY deepstream is using port 5500

while playing the stream directly from the camera, VLC plays it well without issues, problem only occurs when playing the deepstream rtsp output stream.
Updating and reinstalling VLC didnt solve the problem
I tried disabling hardware / decoding acceleration in VLC but didnt work

[quote=“ali35, post:19, topic:235775”]
ffmpeg is recording a file which plays fine without any distortions.
from your test result, recording from RTSPStreaming server is ok, the network is ok, the issue should be VLC player.
you can try other players such as ffmpeg’s ffplay to play on the machine runningVLC.

@fanzh
thanks

1- can u share the command to run ffplay on deepstream server?
2- why is the recorded file (using ffmpeg )shows a video playing very fast? it seems like it was recorded with 3x-4x speed? i have not changed anything in the default configuration that i uploaded here

1. ffplay rtsp://xxx
  2. we still suggest to capture network packets on both sides to check if the player side receive the whole packets, we can’t get this information only from ping value.