Does VMA support  SR-IOV?

Hi,

I am trying VMA in a Linux kvm Virtual Machine, with SR-IOV, MLNX_OFED_LINUX-2.0-3.0.0 and fw 2.30.3000

I have log_num_mgm_entry_size=-1 in modprobe but it doesn’t seem to matter, because the value in /sys/module/mlx4_core/parameters/log_num_mgm_entry_size is always 10 (the default one). In hypervisor the /sys param is -1.

Also, what does the Error about QP mean?

UDP seems to be working but vma_stats does not show any offloaded packets.

TCP doesn’t work at all, the client fails to connect to the server.

VMA INFO : VMA_VERSION: 6.4.11-0 Release built on 2013-09-08-09:51:56

VMA INFO : Cmd Line: sockperf server --load-vma -i 192.168.1.58

VMA INFO : Log Level 3 [VMA_TRACELEVEL]

VMA INFO : MTU 2044 [VMA_MTU]

VMA INFO : ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

VMA WARNING: ***********************************************************************************************

VMA WARNING: * VMA will not operate properly while flow steering option is disabled! *

VMA WARNING: * Please restart your VMA applications after running the following: *

VMA WARNING: * WARNING: the following steps will restart your network interface! *

VMA WARNING: * 1. “echo options mlx4_core log_num_mgm_entry_size=-1 > /etc/modprobe.d/mlx4_core.conf” *

VMA WARNING: * 2. “/etc/init.d/openibd restart” *

VMA WARNING: * Read more about the Flow Steering support in the VMA’s User Manual *

VMA WARNING: ***********************************************************************************************

VMA WARNING: ndv94:configure() Mismatch between interface mlx0 MTU=1500 and VMA_MTU=2044. Make sure VMA_MTU and all offloaded interfaces MTUs match.

sockperf: == version #2.5.231 ==

VMA ERROR : rfs[0x26fb470]:186:create_ibv_flow() Create of QP flow ID failed with flow dst:192.168.1.58:11111, src:0.0.0.0:0, protocol:UDP

BTW, on bare metal VMA works quite nice.

Thanks,

sorin