Download Tensorflow on Jetson NX Xavier Development Kit

Hi everyone,

I am new here and recently I’ve trained a custom model based on SSD Resnet50 using tensorflow object detection api and I am currently trying to download the tensorflow object detection api on my Jetson NX Xavier development kit to run it.

However, I ran through some issues when downloading tensorflow.
I have followed the steps given from the link [Installing TensorFlow for Jetson Platform :: NVIDIA Deep Learning Frameworks Documentation]

But when I ran this line:

python3.8 -m pip install --pre --extra-index-url https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/redist/jp/v46 tensorflow

I directly get this error:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement tensorflow (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for tensorflow

I also tried downloading it directly from the wheel but I got an error saying that the wheel is not supported on this platform.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thank you!

Hi,

We only provide the default python 3.6 packages.
If you want to use another python version, please build it from the source.

You can find an example below:

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @AastaLLL,

Thank you for the suggestion. I’ll try that out for now.

Just commenting on your point about python 3.6, I’ve also tried installing tensorflow in a python3.6 environment and I also get similar errors.

Hi,

I’ve tried following the repository but it has only been tested with a jetpack 4.4 and I’m currently using jetpack 4.6. Do you know of any other alternative to solve this issue?

Hi,

We have tested the script on a newer JetPack.
It can work correctly with slight modifications.

Below is the script modified from jkjung-avt for TensorFlow v2.6.0 for your reference:
build_tensorflow.sh (2.1 KB)
install_bazel.sh (840 Bytes)

Thanks.