Driver does not support the required nvenc API version

When I compile ffmpeg and try to concate videos use -c:v h264_nvenc,error happened.

[h264_nvenc @ 0x561a9fda2b00] Driver does not support the required nvenc API version. Required: 11.0 Found: 9.1 [h264_nvenc @ 0x561a9fda2b00] The minimum required Nvidia driver for nvenc is (unknown) or newer Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
ffmpeg version is ffmpeg-4.2.4 from here
ubuntu18.04,driver 440.1,cuda10.1 and 1070 card.
I search this issue all over the forum. I can’t solve my problem.Thank you.

Update your GPU driver to the latest one available for your 1070 card. You’re going to need a 450.xx driver or higher. I would just use the latest. After updating your driver, test to make sure the driver install was done correctly by running nvidia-smi and also a CUDA sample code. Don’t bother trying to use nvenc API again until you have addressed the driver issue and have tested it.

If you just want to update your driver, you can find newer drivers here

Thanks.
I update my driver to 450 and nvidia-smi&nvcc -V looks alright. But it didn’t work:
[h264_nvenc @ 0x556db0fda8c0] Driver does not support the required nvenc API version. Required: 11.0 Found: 10.0 [h264_nvenc @ 0x556db0fda8c0] The minimum required Nvidia driver for nvenc is (unknown) or newer
Need I update driver to 455? I don’t know whether 1070 will be supported by 455 driver.
What should I do?
Thanks.

Your driver isn’t installed correctly. I mentioned you actually have to run a cuda code, not just nvcc -V. So run the deviceQuery sample code and paste the output here. Other than that there isn’t enough info to diagnose.

Since the Pascal architecture is fully supported at this time (and will likely be supported for a couple more years) all drivers available right now support the GTX 1070. Just install the latest NVIDIA driver package available for your platform.