Error with converting kitti to tfrecord in official Jupyter notebook TLT 3.0. Can't Instantiate a kitti converter

Hi!

I was using the Jupyter tlt notebook for detectnet_v2 and hit this problem when executing this section for converting the dataset into a TFrecord:

!tlt detectnet_v2 dataset_convert \
              -d $SPECS_DIR/detectnet_v2_tfrecords_kitti_trainval.txt \
              -o $DATA_DOWNLOAD_DIR/tfrecords/kitti_trainval/kitti_trainval

And I got this error :

Converting Tfrecords for kitti trainval dataset
2021-04-29 09:16:48,602 [WARNING] tlt.components.docker_handler.docker_handler:
Docker will run the commands as root. If you would like to retain your
local host permissions, please add the “user”:“UID:GID” in the
DockerOptions portion of the ~/.tlt_mounts.json file. You can obtain your
users UID and GID by using the “id -u” and “id -g” commands on the
terminal.
Using TensorFlow backend.
WARNING:tensorflow:Deprecation warnings have been disabled. Set TF_ENABLE_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1 to re-enable them.
Using TensorFlow backend.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/vpraveen/.cache/dazel/_dazel_vpraveen/216c8b41e526c3295d3b802489ac2034/execroot/ai_infra/bazel-out/k8-fastbuild/bin/magnet/packages/iva/build_wheel.runfiles/ai_infra/iva/detectnet_v2/scripts/dataset_convert.py”, line 90, in
File “/home/vpraveen/.cache/dazel/_dazel_vpraveen/216c8b41e526c3295d3b802489ac2034/execroot/ai_infra/bazel-out/k8-fastbuild/bin/magnet/packages/iva/build_wheel.runfiles/ai_infra/iva/detectnet_v2/scripts/dataset_convert.py”, line 82, in main
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/home/ubuntu/fyp/tlt_experiments/detectnet_v2/specs/detectnet_v2_tfrecords_kitti_trainval.txt’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/detectnet_v2”, line 8, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/home/vpraveen/.cache/dazel/_dazel_vpraveen/216c8b41e526c3295d3b802489ac2034/execroot/ai_infra/bazel-out/k8-fastbuild/bin/magnet/packages/iva/build_wheel.runfiles/ai_infra/iva/detectnet_v2/entrypoint/detectnet_v2.py”, line 12, in main
File “/home/vpraveen/.cache/dazel/_dazel_vpraveen/216c8b41e526c3295d3b802489ac2034/execroot/ai_infra/bazel-out/k8-fastbuild/bin/magnet/packages/iva/build_wheel.runfiles/ai_infra/iva/common/entrypoint/entrypoint.py”, line 296, in launch_job
AssertionError: Process run failed.
2021-04-29 09:17:10,652 [INFO] tlt.components.docker_handler.docker_handler: Stopping container.

I think that it’s saying that it cant instantiating a kitti converter because it can’t find the spec file “detectnet_v2_tfrecords_kitti_trainval.txt” even though it is in the directory specified. I’m sure that I am doing something wrong here, could I please have some assistance?

See TLT Launcher — Transfer Learning Toolkit 3.0 documentation, please map the directory to the docker using the steps mentioned in step 4 below with the ~/.tlt_mounts.json``

The file path should be inside the docker.

1 Like

That fixed it thanks!