Extremely slow download speeds for CUDA Toolkit

Hello,

I’m trying to download the CUDA Toolkit but its extremely slow. Is there any solution?

Slow speed in Linux and Windows.

Thanks in advance!

Henrik

Hi

For me it was very slow as well, i tried several times to stop the jetpack component manager and enable only the cuda toolkit download , it started OK but after ~40% download the download speed went down to ZERO

my conclusion till now - their server is either busy or very BAD one !!!

last time I installed CUDA 9.0. The download was extremely fast. It took about 20 seconds and was successfully installed. My internet speed is 100Mbps.
This time I need to download it again for my new machine and it took more than 7 hours to download. I don’t know why?
The shocking thing is after waiting for 7 hours when I tried to run it. I got this message.
“gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
Extraction failed.
Ensure there is enough space in /tmp and that the installation package is not corrupt
Signal caught, cleaning up”
Can anyone help?

It’s almost impossible to download the toolkit. The speed is extremely slow. I tried a couple of times on different days but never managed to get 5% downloaded. I can download files with over 10 mb/s but not Nvidia ones. I guess the servers have some problem.

Still same condition they haven’t fixed it. I have been downloading cuda for like a whole day now.

Hi @iamamandeep2002123,

Can you check your download speed? I know the Windows executable is 3.2gb in size and can take a long time on a slow connection.

Still the same issue, like I have 100mbps and stil taking half a day to download

Same there, I’m on 50mbps connection and getting around 30KB/s download speed.

Hi! I don’t think it is a connection problem. I have 50mbps download speed connection yet downloading the windows executable is extremely slow ~500KBps. Are there any alternative download method besides, say, following this page: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads ?

Its still very slow, Is there any alternative way. Maybe torrent or something else?