Fail to flash DP6.0 on orin nx 16G

I get fail when I use orin nx 16G module and orin nano dev-kit carrier board to flash DP6.0.
I patch echo on > /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb2/power/control to
Linux_for_Tegra/tools/kernel_flash/initrd_flash/nv_enable_remote.sh by referencing

But still can’t flash succefully.
I test with all my USB ports, and also use an usb2.0 hub, but still get failed.

Host : Ubuntu 20.04 x86_64
SDK manager : 2.0.0.11405 x86_64
Module : Orin nx 16GB
carrier board : Orin nano dev-kit
L4T/Jetpack : 36.2/DP6.0

SDKM_logs_JetPack_6.0_DP_Linux_for_Jetson_Orin_NX_modules_2024-03-05_10-29-07.zip (196.7 KB)
putty.log (124.1 KB)

Then are you able to flash JetPack 5 into this module now?

Yes, I can flash Jetpack 5.
I also can flash Jetpack 6.0 to Orin nx 8G, but can’t flash Orin nx 16G.

The flashing process ended successfully, but the MB2 bootloader failed to start up after reboot, which is weird.
Try this to re-flash the QSPI bootloader and see if it helps:

sudo ./flash.sh --no-systemimg -c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal

log_terminal : messages of terminal
log_uart.log : message of uart by putty

log_terminal.txt (77.3 KB)
log_uart.log (22.1 KB)

Then try this instead:

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh -p “–no-systemimg -c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml” --network usb0 jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal

log_terminal_gpt.txt : messages of terminal
log_uart_gpt.log : message of uart by putty

log_terminal_gpt.txt (155.2 KB)
log_uart_gpt.log (73.3 KB)

I have reflash Orin NX 16G and 8G with Jetpack 5.1.3 by SDK manager to verify these two modules.
Both modules can be flashed, and login succefully.
Then I also flash 8G with JetPack DP6.0 by SDK manager, it can be flashed, and login succefully.
But I still get fail when I use 16G module for JetPack DP6.0.

Maybe try different USB cables or hosts.

I’m having trouble installing Jetpack 6.0 DP on a custom carrier board based on the Jetson Orin Carrier board. I’m also using the orin nx 16GB module.
I can get up to Jetpack 5.1.2 with no problem. What should I be looking at?

My colleague uses his environment to do the test, but still gets fail.

He has tested
1.Use sdk manager to flash DP6.0 which is with “echo on > /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb2/power/control” patch.
2.Use “sudo ./flash.sh --no-systemimg -c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal” to flash 16G module.
3.Use “sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh -p “–no-systemimg -c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml” --network usb0 jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal” to flash 16G module

Test environment
1.Host : ASUS TUF Z370-PRO GAMING monther board/Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS x86_64
2.SDK manager : 2.0.0.11405 x86_64

00_sdk_manager.zip (254.9 KB)
01_flash.zip (17.8 KB)
02_l4t_initrd_flash.zip (47.4 KB)

Hi,

Can you also try JetPack 5.1.2?
Maybe your case is related to a PCN of Orin NX that is not included in either JetPack 6 DP and JetPack 5.1.2, but only in 5.1.3.

Flash to L4T 35.4.1/JP5.1.2 is fine.

We will be checking this.
Please wait for any further updates.

The command you use here seems wrong

You use

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh -p " --no-systemimg -c bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml" --network usb0 jetson-orin-nano-devkit nvme0n1p1

while you should use

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh -p “- -no-systemimg -c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml” --network usb0 jetson-orin-nano-devkit nvme0n1p1

Yes, I use wrong command(t186ref), but my colleague’s command(generic) is correct.
Both of the results are failed.

I think your colleague use the character which is U+201C LEFT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK and and the character which is U+201D RIGHT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK instead of the " character which is U+0022 QUOTATION MARK.

Basically you should use this

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh -p " --no-systemimg -c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml" --network usb0 jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal

instead of

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh -p “ --no-systemimg -c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml” --network usb0 jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal

What is PCN of Orin NX?

@moonysl
Please check if your error is the same as shown in this post (MB2 failure).
File a new topic if it’s not.

It works when uses correct QUOTATION MARK, thanks.