Dear Nvidia Linux community,
- heavy graphical display problems (see screenshots enclosed), on different desktops (tested with Cinnamon and GNOME)
- CPU usage increasing to 100%
- Fedora 20 with kernel versions 3.11.10 - 3.12.6 (with/without PAE)
- Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200 graphic card
- Xorg version 1.14.4
with legacy driver 173.14.xx:
- Linux Nvidia proprietary driver 173.14.39 installed
- Fedora provided Nvidia drivers from RPMFUSION repository, here “kmod-nvidia-173xx-3.12.6-300.fc20.i686+PAE”, “xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-173xx-173.14.38-3.fc20.i686”, “xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-173xx-libs-173.14.38-3.fc20.i686”
This happens when using auto-created kernel modules (akmod) as well as matching binary versions for the kernel provided by Fedora directly.
Will Nvidia fix this problem in future releases?
Do you need further logs?