Firmware upgrade for ConnectX-2

Hello,

in three computers I have three dual port 10 Gb NICs ConnectX-2. I would like to upgrade their firmwares. I followed instruction how to identify correct adapter on: Firmware Support and Downloads - Identifying Adapter Cards Firmware Support and Downloads - Identifying Adapter Cards

I got these results:

C:\Program Files\Mellanox\WinMFT>mst status

MST devices:

mt26448_pci_cr0

mt26448_pciconf0

C:\Program Files\Mellanox\WinMFT>flint -d /dev/mst/mt26448_pci_cr0 query

Image type: FS2

FW Version: 2.7.8200

Rom Info: type=PXE version=1.5.6 devid=26448 proto=ETH

Device ID: 26448

Description: Port1 Port2

VSD:

PSID: IBM0DB0000010

C:\Program Files\Mellanox\WinMFT>flint -d /dev/mst/mt26448_pciconf0 query

Image type: FS2

FW Version: 2.7.8200

Rom Info: type=PXE version=1.5.6 devid=26448 proto=ETH

Device ID: 26448

Description: Port1 Port2

VSD:

PSID: IBM0DB0000010

The problem is that PSID is not in the format “MT_”.

I checked a list of firmwares on Firmware for ConnectX®-2 EN Firmware for ConnectX®-2 EN and I am not sure what is the correct.

Can anyone give me advice please?

I suppose I have MNPH29C-XTR because I found photo of a card on eBay (looks same as my card) and the card is described as MNPH29C-XTR.

And the second question please:

When I type “mst status” then I got two devices. Should I run update for both of them?

flint -d -I burn

flint -d -I burn

Thank you.

Rick Penic

Thank you very much for your fast reply. I updated the firmware without any problem.

I found that other two cards are HP branded. I put into Google: HP_0CD0210010 and HP_0CD0210010 and I found that it is a card 516937-B21 (same card, different revision) so I downloaded firmware here.

So at this moment I have 2.9.1530 on HP cards and 2.9.1000 on IBM card. And it is working so I am happy. Again thank you very much…

Btw.: Explanation why all cards are different: It is testing environment (not production)

Hi Rick,

According to the PSID it’s an IBM OEM card, so you can download the fw to it from:

Lenovo Intelligent Cluster Lenovo Intelligent Cluster

regarding the 2nd question, no need to upgrade both entries, they actually represent the same device only a different access method to it, the mt26448_pci_cr0 device is a bit faster so you can use it