DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-300)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-200)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-100)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

Hello Team,

I am currently working on implementing the sample_camera application from DriveWorks, and I have encountered an issue when attempting to use multiple cameras simultaneously. Specifically, I am experiencing frame drops despite my efforts to address the problem.

To resolve this issue, I have experimented with threading within the onRender() function and also attempted to separate the processing for each camera. Unfortunately, these attempts have not yielded the desired results, and I am still facing frame drop challenges.

I am reaching out to seek your guidance on how to effectively resolve this frame drop issue when utilizing multiple cameras with the sample_camera application. Additionally, I am keen to know if there are specific strategies or best practices that can help maintain a consistent frame rate, preferably around 30 FPS.

Thanks and regards,
Khushabu

Dear @khushabu.talele1,
Firstly, could you check with nvsipl_camera application for your camera configuration and check if you are getting expected FPS?
Could you share the DRIVE OS version, camera module and connection details?

Hiii @SivaRamaKrishnaNV,

Yes actually I have tried Nvsipl_camera code but still i could see frame drop Also as we have to disable gdm to make it working i dont want to do that. Hence I am trying sample_camera code with multi-threading.
DRIVE OS version - 6.0.8
Camera - Valeo with GMSL interface

Please refer to Frame rate drops as we increase the number of cameras on Orin and see if running multiple cameras with Recording Tools has no similar frame-dropping issues.

Recording tool code is not provided Even I followed the same by creating multiple threads but I am not successful yet. So I more question Can CGF be useful to adress this frame drop issue?

Could you confirm if you’re using DRIVE OS 6.0.8.1? Which Valeo camera module listed on https://developer.nvidia.com/drive/ecosystem-hw-sw#cameras are you using?
Please be aware that there is a bandwidth limitation on the camera group B, as mentioned on the “Maxim Integrated GMSL SERDES” page.

Yes @VickNV,
i am using DRIVEOS 6.0.8 also i am using Valeo cameras which are mentioned on that page so here i am using 30 degree , 70 degree and 120 degree.

Please confirm that the 8.3 MP cameras are not connected to group B.

Yes…I have not connected any cameras to Port B. 4 Cameras are connected to Port A and 2 to Port C. So May I know how much FPS we can expect when more than 8 camerasare connected to Orin and trying to run sample_camera application from driveworks?

Could you please confirm whether the recording tools mentioned earlier are functioning without any frame rate issues with your camera connections?

can you please provide recording tool code? as it is not provided just binary is there.

The source code for the recording tools isn’t currently provided. Please confirm whether you are experiencing any frame-dropping issues with the recording tools.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.