G-Sync not working with LG OLED65E97LA TV

I’ve got an LG OLED65E97LA TV. It is G-Sync compatible.
I can see the G-Sync settings in nvidia-settings. G-Sync is enabled and the TV shows as G-Sync compatible, as it should be.
I enabled the Visual Indicator, but whenever I play a game, the indicator always shows “Normal”.
I’m running dual boot on this machine and if I boot into Windows 10 Pro, playing exactly the same game (i.e. Doom 2016), the indicator shows the green G-Sync text.
The TV is at the latest firmware version.

PC information:
Gigabyte Designare TRX40
Ryzen 3960X
32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti (Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 11G)

Linux Mint 19.3
custom kernel 5.5.11
nvidia beta driver 440.66.04
latest mesa from git

Including nvidia-bug-report and also dxdiag, msinfo32 and Nvidia information output from Windows.

I don’t see an upload button as the pinned topic suggests, so I put it on google drive:

G-Sync seems to be broken in current driver versions:

Hi generix,
thank you for the answer.
And gosh, I feel like I’m in bug hell. Not one piece of soft or hardware, that’s not giving me trouble in any way :(
I can just kindly ask the developers to fix this.

Best regards,

I’m on 440.66.04 and G-Sync Compatible on Samsung C27HG7x is working in games (Plasma, kwin-lowlatency).
Would be funny if native G-Sync is broken but G-Sync Compatible on FreeSync monitors still works.

The OP also has a g-sync compatible. Thanks for stepping in, so this doesn’t seem to be a general bug, still working for some people. So far, I only heard of people complaining it stopped working with newer drivers.

I just tried with the latest beta driver 450.51 and kernel 5.7.5.
Linux Mint 19.3 cinnamon DE (set to compositor off in fullscreen mode).
Problem persists (tried with Doom 2016 OpenGL and Vulkan).
Would be nice to have Nvidia look into it. I mean it is advertised and certified by Nvidia…
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz.log (1.1 MB)