Grays have a pink tint

I have this issue that all grays are shown tinted pink:

The whites are fine as you can see on the photo in the “L” slider of the HSL color control.

I am using Ubuntu 21.10 64-bit with Gnome version 40.4.0 under X11.

My graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 using the nvidia-driver-470.

The display is connected using HDMI. I tried different display and cables, but it did not change anything.

Resolution is set to 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz, but the issue is independent of the resolution.

This issue does not appear with the nouveau driver using otherwise the same setup.

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (498.9 KB)

Any ideas?

Might be color subsampling or HDMI limited range. Or a broken ICD set. Or something completely different.
Please check the color profile set. Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

I don’t know how to check the color profile set (will try to read up about it) but I attached the nvidia-bug-report.log.gz.

gnome control center → color

Looks like you ran the script while switched to vt so the outputs of
nvidia-settings -q all
xrandr --verbose
are empty.

Probably because I ran it after “su -”. I just attached a new log that was created using sudo which should look better.

I tried enabling all three available profiles and also tried disabling the magenta switch, but I did not notice any color changes.

View details is somehow not available for those profiles.

Please try clicking on the “SONY TV *00 Monitor” line at the top, then Add Profile, and then selecting “Colorspace: sRGB”. That will override the color calibration settings from the monitor and disable the color adjustments.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.