Gst_element_seek freezes

Hi, similar topics do exist (they are pretty old like years old) and I’ve found no solution to this issue.
I apologize for reiterating the issue but help needed.
Here is the software and hardware info.

head -1 /etc/nv_tegra_release
R32 (release), REVISION: 4.3, GCID: 21589087, BOARD: t186ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Jun 26 04:34:27 UTC 2020

The issue happens randomly while seeking in a loop in my case with MPEG file.
Sample .ts file

Here is the source code to reproduce the issue.
test.cpp (2.0 KB)
Compile:

g++ -Wall -std=c++11 test.cpp -o test $(pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-app-1.0) -ldl
./test

It is similar to code from Gstreamer Pipeline freezes while seeking because of omxh264dec element. But in my case it is different situation, I’m not using omxh246dec.

Here is gstreamer debug output at debug level 5 which captures the deadlock.
gst_debug.log (7.1 MB)

I’ve noticed correlation, the higher I set GST_DEBUG level the faster issue shows itself.
At debug level 5 it normally shows up within 5 seek iterations.
While at debug level 0 it can survive through 500 iterations and only then deadlock itself.

nvgstplayer-1.0 -i sample_1280x720_surfing_with_audio.ts

Freezes as well after seeking using arrow keys. It could take up to 30 sec of holding arrow keys to freeze it.
I’ve noticed that it freezes on different formats, and files not necessarily just MPEG.

Please let me know if any extra information is required.
Thank you.

Hi,
Please try Jetpack 4.6.1. We fix certain issue about seeking in the release. Please try and check if it helps your use-case.

@DaneLLL, thanks a lot, it helped.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.