gst-launch-1.0 camera issue in TX1

I want to use gstreamer to open the /dev/video0 in my tx1.
I get black screen when i type :
gst-launch-0.10 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=30/1,width=1280,height=720 ! xvimagesink
in my terminal.
I install the good,bad,ugly,base plugins and the nvgstcapture works great with my camera.
Could anyone can help?

Not sure what you’re trying to do, but here are some advices:

1. You’re mixing gstreamer-1.0 (in topic title) and gstreamer-0.10 (in posted command). Unless you have good reasons for using gstreamer-0.10, I’d advise to use gstreamer-1.0. Installing plugins is also version dependent, there are plugins for 0.10 and plugins for 1.0.

2. If you’re trying to use onboard camera, you may read this post: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1028611/jetson-tx2/is-there-a-parameter-for-enable-disable-the-tx2-on-board-camera-/post/5232247/#5232247.

3. If you’re trying to use a USB camera, be sure it is /dev/video0. If you have the onboard camera working, this should be /dev/video0. Pluging the USB camera should lead to /dev/video1 to be created. Check to be sure you give the right device node.

4. In your gstreamer pipeline, the caps between plugins should be single quoted when used from shell with gst-launch-1.0:

'video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=30/1,width=1280,height=720'
  1. Use gst-inspect-1.0 to get for each plugin its source (ie output) and sink (input) capabilities.
gst-inspect-1.0 v4l2src
gst-inspect-1.0 xvimagesink

Find which source caps from a plugin can match sink caps of following plugin in the pipeline.

1. I don’t think capability ‘video/x-raw-yuv’ is correct. Should be rather something like:
'video/x-raw, format=UYVY, framerate=30/1, width=1280, height=720'

The exact format depends on what your camera provides. You may try:

gst-launch-1.0 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! fakesink

check the output format of your cam and build the pipeline.