GTX1650 (notebook) not working on Ubuntu16.04 (black screen & login loop)

Please create a new nvidia-bug-report.log.

Sorry about that. The new bug report is on http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/tQvjchWRpM/, please check it.

Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

means the command
sudo ln -s libGL.so.1.7.0 libGL.so.1
was not properly executed. Please post another output/screenshot of
ls -l /usr/lib/nvidia-430

There are so many items in the folder that they overflow the screen a little, so I take two pictures. sorry for the inconvenience.

You made a typo on first try, please run

cd /usr/lib/nvidia-430
sudo ln -s libGL.so.1.7.0 libGL.so.1

Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much! Finally all work!!!
PS: After login some dialogs pop out and say there are internal system errors detected, and the detail is about xorg. I click cancel and nothing happens, but I still wonder if there are any potential problems? The screenshot is in the attachment.
BTW, will the driver break down again if the kernel gets upgraded or I switch the kernel? I kind of don’t wanna go through this again…

The errors are from Aug 21 and back then, there were crashes due to the driver not working. Those are just shown now because it’s the first time the desktop comes up again. Nothing to worry.
Kernel updates or switches are unproblematic, the packaged driver from ppa is broken in the GL part. This should be reported to the ppa maintainer, that the non-glvnd libs in 430 are broken and removed in 435 so should be switched to the glvnd libs, like you manually did with the instructions from post #19. So the only danger would be that the ppa pushes an update to the current driver that’s still broken so you would have to repeat the procedure.

Thanks for your help again. I’ve reported the bug to the ppa source team.

For those who meet the similar problem, I’ve arranged a list about what I’ve done since our formal conversation is too long:

1. make sure that the broken driver is removed completely
  2. install nvidia-430 through ppa source ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa (see post #9)
  3. fix the package bug manually (see post #19)

Work for my nvidia & intel hybrid cards laptop.
Good luck!

Ooooooh!Thank you very much!This help me a lot,perticully the third point.

Any updates in this issue?
Did the PPA repackage nvidia-430?
This issue is driving me crazy. I fixed it manually as #19 comment but whenever I install a package, or update, I have to do the same procedure.

Good question, the ppa package seems to be the same. I also couldn’t find any bug report on the ubuntu bug tracker, maybe just report it there and leave a link here?

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1170878/nvidia-430-26-crash-in-ubuntugtx-1650-unusable

I see some gtx1650 issues including mine.

That’s just stackexchange’s ubuntu user2user help.
Ubuntu bugs have to reported here:
[url]https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu[/url]

Thank you, hongluck36, that should help.
Meanwhile, what kind of errors do you get from the non-working application(s)?
Do those work if you run them this way:
__GLVND_DISALLOW_PATCHING=1
Edit: forgot to actually set it.

Thank you for your advice.

It is not just packages, also whenever I turn my laptop on, it always gives messages as well.
For packages, IntelRealsense package realsense-ros gives error requiring the wrong pixel format. W10 is a pixel format that should be only required in calibration.
Also, I think it crashes with some root file and confuses my kernel version. I already have a 4.15.0 -60 kernel which is higher than the requirement but it is giving me an error that I need a kernel higher than 4.12. I have tried your method but it does not work similar error.

$__GLVND_DISALLOW_PATCHING=1 roslaunch realsense2_camera rs_camera.launch

[ERROR] [1567691415.507536541]: An exception has been thrown: The requested pixel format 'W10 ’ is not natively supported by the Linux kernel and likely requires a patch!
Alternatively please upgrade to kernel 4.12 or later. Last Error: Invalid argument
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘rs2::backend_error’
what(): The requested pixel format 'W10 ’ is not natively supported by the Linux kernel and likely requires a patch!
Alternatively please upgrade to kernel 4.12 or later. Last Error: Invalid argument
[camera/realsense2_camera_manager-1] process has died [pid 7614, exit code -6, cmd /opt/ros/kinetic/lib/nodelet/nodelet manager __name:=realsense2_camera_manager __log:=/home/hong/.ros/log/97ce6f54-cfe3-11e9-ab1d-a86daaec59a0/camera-realsense2_camera_manager-1.log].
log file: /home/hong/.ros/log/97ce6f54-cfe3-11e9-ab1d-a86daaec59a0/camera-realsense2_camera_manager-1*.log

This is the error message whenever I turn my PC.
please check the link below I uploaded some images

both of the error messages pop up as soon as my PC is on.
I guess realsense package is also making a crash.

The system message is about the crash 3 days ago, when the driver was broken. Isn’t there some option to continue and delete it?
librealsense still needs a patched kernel, those error messages are unrelated to the nvidia driver. Some formats have been included with the mainline kernel 4.12 but not all:
[url]https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/scripts/realsense-camera-formats_ubuntu-xenial-v4.16.patch[/url]

I install the driver and after rebooting Ubuntu stuck on login screen. Even from cli mode i checked through python code using keras library but it shows empty list of GPU