Hardware Questions regarding Omniverse / Isaac Sim

I am trying to build a workstation for mainly Isaac Sim usage. I need four graphic cards for some really large scene simulation. Right now my specs is following:
CPU: X299 + 10980xe
GPU: 4*A6000 with NVLink
I am aware of the fact that X299/10980xe only has 48 PCIe lanes, which means it is impossible for all 4 A6000 to have the full bandwidth. I think the configuration is 16/8/16/8 so two of the A6000 only gets bandwidth of 8 slots even though it is connected to 16 slots(Please correct me if I am wrong)?
My hardware guy told me it is fine that a single A6000 can still get 16GB/s with 8 slots PCIe. So i guess the real question is, will Isaac Sim be power hungry enough so my A6000s hit a bottleneck? Will the NVLink bridges help in that case?
I also need it in the office so noise is gonna be a problem. I have both the CPU and GPU in water-cooled configuration. And that’s also the reason why I can’t go with a AMD solution because it is too much power consumption.

Thanks for sharing this info here, @sanguinary.roseg ! I am checking with the Isaac team on this very interesting setup!

By the way, GTC Spring 2022 sessions are now available for viewing here (requires registration): GTC 2022: #1 AI Conference

Cheers,
Edmar

P.S. The Omniverse documentation site has more info and links to all tutorial videos (under the “Learning and Feedback” category on left nav bar): Omniverse Platform Overview — Omniverse Developer documentation

he / him | LinkedIn | Discord ID: Prof E#2041
Omniverse: “A New Era of Collaboration and Simulation” (video)
Omniverse Create’s latest features show & tell: Twitch livestream.
As seen in VentureBeat | Physics Showcase

Omniverse Resources:
Omniverse | Documentation | Tech Requirements | Videos | Roadmap | Twitter | Discord | Twitch

PLEASE NOTE: If you are reporting a bug/issue, please provide OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file (if applicable). For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs