Help with low-bitrate video generation

Hello all,

I have a requirement to generate low-bitrate for video streaming on the Jetsonnano but I am struggling with the command below, can anyone help me and point me in the right direction?

(videox) videox@desktop:~/development$ gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! ‘video/x-raw,format=YUY2,width=320,height=240,framerate=10/1’ ! videoconvert ! nvvidconv ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),format=I420’ ! nvv4l2h265enc bitrate=22000 ! rtph265pay config-interval=1 pt=96 ! udpsink host=239.255.0.1 port=5000 auto-multicast=true
Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
Opening in BLOCKING MODE
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL …
Setting pipeline to PLAYING …
New clock: GstSystemClock
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(3055): gst_base_src_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)
Execution ended after 0:00:00.000652617
Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
Setting pipeline to READY …
Setting pipeline to NULL …
Freeing pipeline …

I appreciate your help! Thanks!
GM

Hi,

From this error, it looks like caps of the v4l2 source is not correctly configured. Please refer to the guidance in

Jetson Nano FAQ
Q: I have a USB camera. How can I launch it on Jetson Nano?

To successfully launch the v4l2 source first.

Hello,

I found my issue. The resolution I am trying to use is not supported by the camera so when I used the command to get the camera features, I was able to get its resolution and fixed the gstreamer command line to only use the supported resolution.

Thank you all for your help.

GM

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.