Hi, laptop monitor not working after system update on parrot `5.16.0-12parrot1-amd64`

Hi, I’m using the following confg for my dual display(laptop display + HDMI display) setup

Yesterday after the latest update of parrot os my external monitor stopped working. So I went to nvidia website & downloaded the latest version of nvidia drives. After the installation my HDMI output is visible but my laptop display is not working. I’m using the same config that was suggested by Mart from nvidia support. But this time it’s not working. Please help me

These are the config files. Are any of those creating some kind of conflicts ?

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

nvidia-bug-report.log (228.0 KB)

This is my kernel version 5.16.0-12parrot1-amd64 and I’m getting this nvidia-smi error NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running. Looks like the graphics card is not recognised by the system. I tried to update using apt package manager, it’s showing the drivers are up to date. If I download the drivers from the nvidia website then my laptop screen goes blank with a still underscore sign .

There’s a kernel module installed but it doesn’t load and also doesn’t report a modversion so it seems to be broken. Please run
sudo modprobe nvidia
and post any errors given.

Your system compiler is set to gcc-10 but the kernel is compiled with gcc-11. Please install/upgrade/switch to gcc-11 as system compiler, then reinstall the nvidia driver.
Furthermore, please post the output of

grep nvidia /etc/modprobe.d/* /lib/modprobe.d/*

and create a new nvidia bug-report.log after running sudo modprobe nvidia again.

I’m getting this eroror

Not good. Maybe the mirror you’re using was broken during update. Please check if a apt update and apt upgrade fixes this.

I’ve contacted parrotsec forum, I’ll update you as soon as this issue is resolved.

Dude @user116351 I’m also facing the same error in Parrot OS. Its the parrotsec fault that they are releasing kernels without updating drivers in their repos. Lets talk to them