How can I change the Nvidia boot logo to my own logo?

I got a logo for Jetson Nano! I took the code of tool by jwatte and modified it a bit. I hope that he will not be offended by me. The following steps need to be carried out to create a bmp.blob with own logo.

1. sudo apt install liblz4-tool
  2. git clone GitHub - VladimirSazonov/jw-boot-logo-for-Jetson-Nano: This is a modified jw-boot-logo for creation bmp.blob for JetsonNano. You must have lz4c installed for use this
  3. cd jw-boot-logo-for-Jetson-Nano
  4. git clone GitHub - nothings/stb: stb single-file public domain libraries for C/C++
  5. g++ -o jw_boot_image main.cpp
  6. ./jw_boot_image [path_to_your_logo]
  7. Make sure there is an output file named “bmp.blob”
  8. Copy “bmp.blob” into [path_to_your_bsp]/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/
  9. cd [path_to_your_bsp]/Linux_for_Tegra/
  10. Finish installation by the command: sudo ./flash.sh -k BMP --image bootloader/bmp.blob jetson-nano-qspi-sd mmcblk0p1

I has finish the step10 and get the error:

###############################################################################

L4T BSP Information:

R32 , REVISION: 7.1

###############################################################################
Error: probing the target board failed.
Make sure the target board is connected through
USB port and is in recovery mode.

now ,i has use zhe linux PC to connect zhe jetson nano 4G,and the question is still .

If this is your first time using flash tool, better reading the quick start guide first.

Your issue sounds like you don’t know how to flash the board. Not yet reaching to how to update boot logo…

https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/r32-3-1_Release_v1.0/t186ref_release_aarch64/l4t_quick_start_guide.txt

i know your meanings,but it difficult to understand the picture with uncode strings.
i just want change the start logo and so many steps needed to be down .

Yes, that is the basic one you need to learn before doing any kind of flash on jetson.

For Jetson Nano 4GB Developer Kit and Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit:

1)Ensure that your Jetson Nano developer kit is powered off, and that a 16 GB or larger microSD card is inserted into the module’s microSD card slot.

2)To ensure that the developer kit starts in Force Recovery Mode, place a jumper across the FRC pins of the button header on the carrier board.

•For carrier board revision A02, these are pins 3 and 4 of J40, which is located near the camera header.

•For carrier board revision B01, these are pins 9 and 10 of J50, which is located on the edge of the carrier board under the Jetson module.

3)Place a jumper across J48 to enable use of a DC power adapter.

4)Connect a DC power adapter to J25. The developer kit powers on automatically and enters Force Recovery Mode.

5)Remove the jumper from the FRC pins of the button header.

6)Continue the software installation.
1 Like

不好意思,您这边有中文的说明么??另外,本人并不是嵌入式开发,所以对引脚这块不太清楚,同时FRC pin代表的具体含义是什么??

No, there is no Chinese document. What you are doing now is making the board into recovery mode.
Every jetson platform can only be flashed when it is under recovery mode.

sorry,i don’t understand。
i follow your steps ,but it still failed。
这边按照你给你的文档,还是报之前的提示。

Are you able to see a node /dev/ttyACM0 on your host at this status?

Is your host ubuntu a virtual machine?

yes ,我没有使用虚拟机,这边也可以看见。
so,it‘s very strange.

Could you use

sudo picocom -b 115200 /dev/ttyACM0 and see if you can operate with the board?

no ,i can.

…Then install picocom to your host.

i will be shame for next step…

Hi,

If you can operate to the device, then it means your board is not in recovery mode…

When the board is in recovery mode, there is no OS running so you are not possible to interact with your board…

Just give you a simple method to put the board into recovery mode…

1. Remove everything from your jetson

2. Put the jumper on FRC pin.

3. Plug in the power cable

→ Should be in recovery mode now

1. Plug in the micro usb cable. And run flash.sh again.

太难了,按照你的步骤我还是失败了。
不太懂那个

Which pin are you put your jumper on?

10 and GND(?? is 9)

Directly take a photo of those pins.