How to change nano boot logo?

Hi all,

My Jetson Nano Developer Kits is from SD card Image to install jetpack 4.5.1 .
It’s not installed from SDK Manager. I read the following article. However, I don’t understand that.

1. If I use SDK Manager, because my x86 computer will auto-download l4t files. I just need to find path about “Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/” from x86 computer?

And then, connecting my nano to x86 computer, start step 1 to 10?
But the command is as same as “sudo ./flash.sh -k BMP --image bootloader/bmp.blob jetson-nano-qspi-sd mmcblk0p1” ?

or

1. If I use SD card Image to install jetpack 4.5.1 .
    I must download l4t files from website to x86 computer?

And then, connecting my nano to x86 computer, start step 1 to 10?
But the command is as same as “sudo ./flash.sh -k BMP --image bootloader/bmp.blob jetson-nano-qspi-sd mmcblk0p1” ?

1. If I use SDK Manager, because my x86 computer will auto-download l4t files. I just need to find path about “Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/” from x86 computer?

Yes

If I use SD card Image to install jetpack 4.5.1 .
I must download l4t files from website to x86 computer?

Yes, but I don’t suggest a beginner to do this because you may fail. This is not just “download the file”. Some extra commands are required.
Just use sdkmanager, don’t select the flash so your board won’t really get flashed but the file will still be downloaded to your x84 host.

My Jetson Nano Developer Kits is from SD card Image to install jetpack 4.5.1 . <====== You mean I don’t need to use SDK Manager to reflash my nano jetpack?

I just need to use SDK Manager to download files, and then using step 1~10 to solve the logo problem?

So, I have “Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/” files in my x86 computer, how to connect nano to my x86 computer for using commnad?

I just need use mico-usb to connect nano and x86 computer? Don’t need to change to recovery mode?

Let sdkmanager download the l4t files but no need to do “full flash” to your board.

Then follow the steps to create BMP blob and use flash.sh to only update the BMP related partitions.

Also, whenever flash.sh is running, the board always needs to be in RCM mode. Otherwise flash.sh cannot flash it.

I already try “sudo ./flash.sh -k BMP --image bootloader/bmp.blob jetson-nano-qspi-sd mmcblk0p1” on installed from SD Card image and installed from SDK Manager .

But!!!

All fail!
The result of two methods are black screen. I can’t open system…

Maybe your mean is I use the command. And then, nex step, I must flash jetpack to nano?

Nope, I didn’t mean that.

You can use the serial console to dump log and see why it cannot boot. This is the only way to dump bootloader log.

I ever used the command step 1~9 on my x86 computer.
And then, I used SDK manager to flash image to nano.

Yes, it’s success. I change my logo.
But after I update ubuntu of nano, I restart my nano.

My logo restore to nvidia logo.

Maybe after I flash image to nano, I can’t update ubuntu of nano?

Does you “update” mean “apt get upgrade or dist-upgrade”?

This program.

Therefore, now I am using SDK Manager to flash nano again.

This time, I will try don’t use update ubunutu of nano.
I am testing that’ll happen what.

The software updater is doing dist-upgrade.

By default “dist-upgrade” will install the BSP to your board again, and it will overwrite the setting back to original one as the sdkmanager installed.

To prevent it you can remove nvidia related source from the apt source list.

Yes, it’s solved, thank you so much!!!

1 Like