How status working Wayland with the curret Jetpack 32.6/32.7+

I can’t load any GUI with Wayland on the current jetpack nano support.
It remains a black screen flashing “-” and does not log in.

It’s needed recompile something specific kernel for it? Or has the support under Wayland not been tested much?

Hi,
We have steps in gstreamer user guide to use nveglglessink. Please follow the steps and see if you can run successfully.

1 Like

I will look thanks

It’s partially solved the main problem :
With root user several apps can’t load due security failed sandbox .
If I changed /etc/modprobe.d/tegra-udrm.conf
Enable options tegra-udrm modeset=1
Lost Vulkan driver because load mesa3d first and said :
Xlib Extension “NV-GLX” missing on display “:0”
If DISABLE_MESA_EGL=“0” can prioritized Nvidia EGL over mesa and load OpenGL propietary apps correctly .
But how load Vulkan driver with Wayland login? .

Hi,
Vulkan + Wayland is not a use-case tested in the release, so it is possible it does not work properly. Since nveglglessink is open source, you may look at the source source code and check further. The source code is in
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/l4t/r32_release_v7.2/sources/t210/public_sources.tbz2

There is an issue about compiling the source code. Please check
Jetson/L4T/r32.6.x patches - eLinux.org
[gstreamer] fail to build libgstnveglglessink.so

Hi I haven’t seen anything special in the code

I think the problem is in the vulkan driver icd under Wayland.

I found what status for Vulkan under Wayland login the main problem is by default it’s Using GLX drivers in tegra/libGLX_nvidia.so.0

For vulkan needed loading by libnvidia-eglcore.so.32.7.2 or libEGL_nvidia.so.0 in tegra-egl? if not wrong it’s this structure right?

But crash dump by vulkaninfo api_failed

If I added api 1.2.131 in icd in tegral-egl/nvidia.json with the stock vulkainfo in jetpack release returned vk_error_out_host_memory.

With actual Vulkaninfo crash with nvidia-eglcore .

For now I’m stuck as the wayland examples must always go through an X11 session due to the libGLX driver
libGLX drivers do not work on wayland .

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.