How to disable start-up message in TX2

Currently, I can see many debug message on serial terminal and lcd-display,
so how to disable start-up message?

please include the release information in the subject line,
Terry

Hello Terry,

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:/etc$ cat nv_tegra_release

R28 (release), REVISION: 2.1, GCID: 11272647, BOARD: t186ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Thu May 17 07:29:06 UTC 2018

Martin

Please add “quiet” in kernel cmdline and it should be disabled. Or you could try to remove tty0 in kernel cmdline too.

Please document “you could try to remove tty0 in kernel cmdline”

Or give a pointer to the correct document.

In more recent releases this is done in the device tree. The “chosen->bootargs” node contains most of the kernel command line. In cases where there is no conflict some arguments may be appended to the “APPEND” key/value pair of “/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf” (I don’t know if “quiet” would work there, but it might).

The “console=” kernel command line token has two possible entries, one for serial console, and the other for local console. Assuming you are looking to remove the regular console messages (and not serial console), then you would remove the “console=tty0” from the device tree chosen->bootargs node. “quiet” could also be added here (space delimited). Possibly “quiet” could be added to the “extlinux.conf” APPEND entry (I don’t know for sure, but it is fast and easy to edit a text file in comparison to flashing a device tree).