How to find visual profiler

Hi all,
I looked around this forum and the CUDA developers zone but I can’t find these information: “Where to find visual profiler and how to launch it?”

Moreover, I don’t find the documentation about it.

Could you help me please?
Thanks

Hi,
I don’t know for the other OS, but on Linux, the visual profiler is located in the same bin directory as the cuda compiler (nvcc) and is called nvvp (for cuda 4.1 at least).
Just type nvvp to start it and see what it gives you…

I did it, and I get these errors. Does it come from nvvp or from my configuration?

I am on linux platform.

Sorry for the colors, I don’t know how to do better

(Nvvp:30061): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(Nvvp:30061): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

(Nvvp:30061): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_settings_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

(Nvvp:30061): Gtk-WARNING **: Screen for GtkWindow not set; you must always set

a screen for a GtkWindow before using the window

(Nvvp:30061): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_screen_get_display: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

(Nvvp:30061): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_display_get_pointer: assertion `GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed

(Nvvp:30061): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_screen_get_n_monitors: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

(Nvvp:30061): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_screen_get_monitor_geometry: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

(Nvvp:30061): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_screen_get_default_colormap: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

(Nvvp:30061): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_colormap_get_visual: assertion `GDK_IS_COLORMAP (colormap)' failed

(Nvvp:30061): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_screen_get_default_colormap: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

(Nvvp:30061): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_screen_get_root_window: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

(Nvvp:30061): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_screen_get_root_window: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

(Nvvp:30061): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_new: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (parent)' failed

#

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0000003750e76926, pid=30061, tid=140393014413056

#

# JRE version: 6.0_24-b07

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (19.1-b02 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)

# Problematic frame:

# C  [libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0+0x76926]  gdk_window_enable_synchronized_configure+0x16

#

# An error report file with more information is saved as:

# /home/florent/MCCuda/hs_err_pid30061.log

#

# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

#

It looks like a Xwindow problem.
Are you logged as user directly on the machine’s terminal (with gnome or KDE) or are you remote login (ssh)?
Is eclipse installed on the machine?

My fault. I didn’t know that we have to specify -X when connecting in ssh to another machine.
So it is working now. Thanks for your hint

I have a new issue. The pilot of the GPU has been changed. It is now 195.something. I am not the administrator of my machine so I don’t really know which version it is, but it should be the last.

My problem: When I launch an analyze in nvvp, nothing append. The dialog box appears saying “Running application to generate timeline” but I wait and nothing more is appening. The console stills empty whereas it’s not the behaviour of my program.
And if I click on Help->Welcome I arrive in a white page instead of the documentation.

Do you know how to change/correct it? Is it a well known problem?