How to flash multiple partition files simultaneously

For example, I want to flash <spe-fw,kernel-dtb,bootloader-dtb> at the same time. The following command is useless:

sudo ./flash.sh -r -k {spe-fw,kernel-dtb,bootloader-dtb} jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1

It only can flash spe-fw.

Hi Xu_Xu,

-k parameter is used for flashing the specified partition.
-r parameter is used for using current booloader/system.img.

If you wants to flash multiple partitions, please just flash w/o these parameters.

$sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1

Thanks your reply. @KevinFFF
The command:

$sudo ./flash.sh -r jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1

will update all partitions. But it’s a waste of time. If I only want to flash <spe-fw,kernel-dtb,bootloader-dtb> at the same time. How to do?

What’s more. The command:

sudo ./flash.sh -r -k spe-fw jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1

makes agx devkit reboot automatically after flash successfully. So I have to enter flash mode again to update kernel-dtb. If you can tell me some method to disable reboot automatically after flash. I can flash <spe-fw,kernel-dtb,bootloader-dtb> by the following command with entering one-time flash mode:

sudo ./flash.sh -r -k spe-fw jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1
sudo ./flash.sh -r -k kernel-dtb jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1
sudo ./flash.sh -r -k bootloader-dtb jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1

What‘s more, I want to know what’s the difference between kernel-dtb and bootloader-dtb? From flash.xml, I find that both partitions share a dtb file(kernel_tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dtb,tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dtb). If I only update kernel-dtb partition, system works well and meets my expectations.

There is no such command to flash multiple partitions at same time.

Bootloader-dtb is for bootloader to read. Kernel dtb is for kernel to read.

If I modify the DTB file (such as spi1), I should update both kernel-dtb and bootloader-dtb or only kernel-dtb partition?

If you don’t need spi1 running in bootloader, then it is okay to update kernel only.

I’m sorry. Your answer puzzled me! I only known that peripherals can run in kernel. Do you have any official documents in l4t-r32.7.3 for peripherals running in bootloader?

For example, boot logo is from bootloader. Display is also a peripheral.

There is no such document for your request. There is not much to discuss for this part.

Also, you didn’t mention 32.7.3 until now.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.