how to get mips, miss cach

Hello evry body,
i really very happy to see that two week ago the was a 0 message in this forum “debugging and profilng”, and now like we see it’s great, continue like this.

but this not my question :-))
i have a program that i profile with the line mode Mprof=line and i use a pgprof to analyse the result, i a get the result “good”.
my question where or how can i find this follwing values :

MIPS “million instruction per second” or the total number of instruction exectuted in the program.

number of cache miss in the program .

and other memory information.

CPU time

i am reading the docuemntation, and until now i didn’t find any thing, but i hope that i will get some thing soon.

thank’s advance.

saad.

Hi Saad,

For this level of profiling you need to use hardware counters. Provided your system has PAPI installed (See: Performance Application Programming Interface) you can add “-Mprof=hwcts” to your compilation. Please refer to section 2.1.3.3 of the PGI Tools Guide for more information.

If you do not have PAPI, you can also try AMD’s CodeAnalyst Performance Analyzer, or OProfile.

• Mat

thank’s mat,
but the papi library need a patch to the kernel “perfctr” and i can’t do it to the server, i am a simple user “i am not root”, “i do it the last year with papi with little server”.
i will try oprofile
thanks,
saad,