How to install driver in CoreOS?

My host is CoreOS system, and MT27500 is inserted on the motherboard.

lspci -v | grep -i mellanox 7e:00.0 Network controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27500 Family [ConnectX-3]

I packaged all the deb packages and installed them through the mlnx_add_kernel_support.sh script, but I don’t know which ko files are necessary for the device.

At the same time, I should create which devices to the /dev directory, and also provide technical assistance.

I have another problem. When I execute the ib_write_bw command, I have the following output. What is wrong with this? How to solve it?

Port number 1 state is Init Couldn't set the link layer Couldn't get context for the device

Hi,

mlnxofedinstall script should do all the work and it will prompt to run kernel support if necessary by running mlnx_add_kernel_support. However, be sure that your OS is in the listed as supported in Mellanox OFED release notes.

Once Mellanox OFED installed properly it will load the driver automatically.

mlx4_en & mlx4_ib - are the drivers for ConnectX-2 and ConnectX-3 devices

mlx5_ib - for ConnectX-4 and newer devices.

There are other dependencies, but when you do ‘modprobe mlx4_ib’ kernel will resolve them automatically. If you gonna load drivers manually, you might need to load another module one explicitly - ib_uverbs. But as I said, if Mellanox OFED installed in the right way, nothing need to be done manually.

Do you know which deb package is installed for mlx4_en and mlx4_ib?

Or, if I only install the driver, which deb file should be used?

Hi,

mlnxofedinstall script should do all the work and it will prompt to run kernel support if necessary by running mlnx_add_kernel_support. However, be sure that your OS is in the listed as supported in Mellanox OFED release notes.

Once Mellanox OFED installed properly it will load the driver automatically.

mlx4_en & mlx4_ib - are the drivers for ConnectX-2 and ConnectX-3 devices

mlx5_ib - for ConnectX-4 and newer devices.

There are other dependencies, but when you do ‘modprobe mlx4_ib’ kernel will resolve them automatically. If you gonna load drivers manually, you might need to load another module one explicitly - ib_uverbs. But as I said, if Mellanox OFED installed in the right way, nothing need to be done manually.

Hi @Hughen X​ @Aleksey Senin​

Were you ever able to get Mellanox OFED working in CoreOS. I don’t see CoreOS listed in the supported operating systems within OFED, but I am curious if there is a workaround.