How to remove flow steering rules on Mellanox ConnectX-5 EN NIC?

Hi Community,

I am using a Mellanox ConnectX-5 EN 100G NIC (driver mlx5_core 5.0-1.0.0.0, firmware 16.28.4000 (MT_0000000012)). However, I find many (seems) preset flow steering rules in the NIC (I am using mlx_fs_dump tool to dump fs rules). Is there any way to remove these flow steering rules? I also attached my dumped rules.

I want to remove these fs rules because I suspect these rules cause my NIC to perform much worst than other NICs I used before (which do not have any preset fs rules). And I indeed observed around 5x message rate drop compared to a ConnectX-5 EX 100G NIC without preset fs rules (although EX is more powerful than EN, I do not believe this would lead to 5x gap).

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated!

Best,
Yang

fs_dump.txt (5.3 KB)

This post also seems to indicate my guess: How to improve the performance of Flow Steering on ConnectX-5?

Hi Yangzhou1,

Please reset the configuration to its factory state and upgrade the firmware to the latest release.

If it doesn’t work, please use the below Link to register to Enterprise Support Portal with a valid entitlement:

https://enterpriseproductregistration.nvidia.com/?LicType=COMMERCIAL&ProductFamily=Networking-HWSupport

After you complete the registration process with email, you will be able to login and access the portal

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Yuying

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.