How to see device assembly code for shaders

I have used NSight Compute for long time. I like the feature to check the assembly codes for shaders to help me see how my shader source codes mapping to device assembly instructions. It is very helpful for me to tune the performance from instruction level optimization.

I try to find the same feature on Nsight Graphics to debug DX12 computer shader, but didn’t get it anywhere. The only info I can get the #reg used for each shader, but no any info for assembly shaders. I am wondering is it supported?

Thanks,

I have the same problem, did you managed to solve this problem?

Hello,
Thank you for using Nsight Graphics and your question. I’ll get back with you on your question.
Regards,

Hello,
Just wanted to follow up with you again on your question. I would like to point you to the Nsight Graphics documentation that talks about source correlation using the Shader Profiler feature. See this link User Guide :: Nsight Graphics Documentation. Note that there is a statement on that website that says “For users who have access to the Pro builds of Nsight Graphics, and who wish to dive into the lower-level shader assembly, a SASS view is provided for individual instruction association of samples.”

Please let me know if this addresses your question.

Regards,

Thank you very much for the information. How can we get access to Nsight pro builds?

Hello,
We would need to check on our end to see if your company has a signed NDA - Non Disclosure Agreement with NVIDIA. Just let me know which company you represent. If there is no NDA between the two parties, then we would have to have both representative from our respective companies to decide if this is something they would want to engage in and then we could go forward. You can ping me at dwoods@nvidia.com to discuss further.
Regards,

Hi, dwoods. I’ve sent you an email for further discussion. Thank you very much.