I want to add the metadata to the RTSP stream

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
Jetson Xavier AGX
• DeepStream Version
DS 6.2
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
Question

I want to have the metadata with the stream to read it from the GUI to render the detection and tracker info with some conditional signals in the GUI

could you share the while media pipeline? could you share the metadata content? do you want to show the metadata content on GUI? please refer to \opt\nvidia\deepstream\deepstream-6.4\sources\apps\sample_apps\deepstream-image-meta-test\deepstream_image_meta_test.c, which will use nvds_add_display_meta_to_frame to show some information on the frames.

I want to send the metadata objects and let the GUI decide what to show conditionally as the user’s inputs.

can this nvdsMetaInsert
be used to achieve sending the metadata with the rtsp stream

could you share the whole media pipeline? In DeepSteram, nvdsosd is used to draw bboxes or other information on the frames and nvsegvisual is used to draw segmenattion. what do you mean about “GUI to render”? you can use nvds_add_user_meta_to_obj add information for objects.
nvdsmetainsert is opensoure. it will call low-level lib to add more meta. please refer to low-level sample \opt\nvidia\deepstream\deepstream-6.4\sources\gst-plugins\gst-nvdsmetautils\sei_serialization\sei_serialization.cpp.

I’m using modified version of rtspin-rtspout example in python examples I’m using my jetson as a server for the analytics and want to read the metadata at client device for the rtsp server on the jetson

Sorry for the late reply, Thanks for the sharing! Is this still an DeepStream issue to support? Thanks!

yes unfortunately I wasn’t able to solve the issue.

seems you want to get meta data at the client side, RTSP protocol is used to transmit video and audio. encoding plugin nvv4l2h264enc does not support add other information to encoded video data. please refer to this topic for Attaching CustomMeta as SEI data in H264

Yes, I’ve tried the example and the nvdsmetainsert is cannot be found

is there is any way to validate nvdsmetainsert installation and usage ?

yes, We do not have library for Jetson.
there is another solution. After encoder NAL unit that comes out of encoder, create SEI NAL unit with custom metadata and attach it before NAL unit of encoder.

how to use the SEI NAL in deepstream 6.2?

There is no ready-made sample on Jetson DeepStream. encoder plugin will output
encoded stream, which is NAL unit. you can attach SEI NAL before NAL unit.

Is there any guide on doing so ?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

is this link helpul?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.