imx185 with TX2 under R27.1

has anyone been able to get the Sony imx185 to work with the TX2. I manually edited the shipping tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dtb file to enable the imx185 in the tegra-camera-platform as there was an entry for the imx185.

But, when I run simple gstreamer pipes I get this sort of output

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Inside NvxLiteH264DecoderLowLatencyInitNvxLiteH264DecoderLowLatencyInit set DPB and MjstreamingInside NvxLiteH265DecoderLowLatencyInitNvxLiteH265DecoderLowLatencyInit set DPB and MjstreamingSocket read error. Camera Daemon stopped functioning.....
gst_nvcamera_open() failed ret=0
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I think there are more changes than just DTB to make TX1 cameras work on TX2.

Hi clutch
I am not sure how many effort to enable IMX185 on r27.1, However I am sure next release will support it. Should be soon.

ok, let’s assume I start with the ov5693 as a template driver. I think it’s pretty straightforward to understand and I can use that as a launching point.

However, the device tree is really complicated. I have a different number of CSI lanes so I need to edit it. It seems like it is sourced from numerous dtsi files. Is there one dtsi file I should focus on editing? Or, should I just edit the final tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dts flir.dts?

hello clutch12,

we had fix similar issue while bringup sensor with embedded data line.
the kernel failure message we saw was PXL_SOF syncpt timeout!

please refer to this topic for more details. thanks
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1007058/jetson-tx2/porting-tx1-camera-driver-to-kernel-4-4-15-pxl_sof-syncpt-timeout/post/5164249/#5164249